23 - January 8
Back to School!
7:30AM - Finance Mtg.
3:15PM - Curriculum Meeting
7PM - Parent Meeting
6:30PM - Board Meeting
7PM - Faculty Showcase
Panel Discussion on Technology
-- Faculty Meeting
-- Student Meeting
-- Administrative Meeting
Hot Lunch Menu
- Soup and Bread
- Mac and Cheese
Remote Control Cars (motors need to work, controllers not needed)
Noise-making electronic toys
Stainless steel kitchen rack: up to 33"W x 18-30"D, height variable
Half-pint canning jars
1-2oz glass tincture bottles
Aseptic containers (rinsed)
for Parents, Students & Faculty only
for weekly/final student reports.
January Hot Lunch Form
Other Related Links
The Whole Plate: A Return to Real Food
- the YIHS Foods & Nutrition Curriculum
Pleasant Ridge Waldorf School
Three Rivers Waldorf School
Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Great Lakes Waldorf Institute
Driftless Folk School
Essential Skills Outdoor School
City of Viroqua
Driftless United Athletics
Viroqua Area Hockey Association
More Interesting Links
The Girls' Guide to Guns and Butter
The Story of Stuff Project
The Purdue Online Writing Lab
The Presencing Institute
|23 December 2011
Human life runs its course in the metamorphosis between receiving and giving.
Congratulations Jacob and Sofya on the arrival of their own Christmas star!
Evelyn Alexandra Hundt was born on the evening of Thursday, December 22. Everyone is doing well. Blessings!
- Theresa Marquez for donating a washing machine, and Matt Voz, Adrian Ugo and Jacob Hundt for hauling it up the stairs.
- Ben Agar for the glowing juggling balls.
- Shawn Lavoie, Ben MacDonald, Tom Gullion, Dodie Whitaker, and all the CircusArts, Band and Choir students who helped make the Miracle of a Circus a success.
- Susan Nesbit for staying on top of Parent Fundraising.
- Paula Grenier for always staying to help clean up.
- Landmark Center tenants for flexibility and tolerance in the face of so much youthful exuberance.
Images from our just completed Comics Block with Peter Hodapp...
Save the Date
for our Panel Discussion on Technology coming on Tuesday, January 31. Location TBA.
Classroom Supplies requests:
Thanks to everyone who has donated supplies for our upcoming classes...we are still looking for some noise-making toys -- this might be the perfect way for an annoying toy to end up "lost"!
Supplies still needed for Soapmaking and Herbcrafting Class:
1 and 2 ounce glass tincture bottles
half pint canning jars
12 rinsed aseptic containers (the typical rice and almond milk containers)
Long Rang Planning question---
Express yourself! Click on the image above.
True Botanica orders due
The next True Botanica order is due January 9th, 2012. To order, email Diana at email@example.com or 608-637-2586.
AWSNA Newsletter available
Click here to view the January issue of Inform, the monthly newsletter from the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America.
Great Lakes Waldorf Institute
in Milwaukee, WI, is offering a new course--
"Contemplative Practice: Beginning a Path of Transformation" that will start with a weekend retreat January 6-7, 2012, and continue online after that.
If you are interested in developing your own meditative practice or in exploring the Anthroposophical approach to mindfulness, this course may be for you.
For more information, please contact Lori Barian, Director of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 414-616-1832.
Driftless Folk School Classes
to learn more about upcoming classes, register online or download a registration form.
Tuesdays and Thursdays, Jan 3 - 26
- Hand Building and Wheel Throwing with Maureen Karlstad
Saturdays, Jan. 7-28
- Clay for Kids with Maureen Karlstad
Fridays, Jan. 6-27
- Wine and Clay with Maureen Karlstad
Saturday, Jan. 14
- Garment Construction with Jessica Hooper
Sunday, Jan. 15
- Acid Dyeing with Kathryn Ashley-Wright
Saturday, Jan. 21
- Building a Shaving Horse with Dan Peper
- Winter Stargazing with Jacob Hundt
- Whole Hog Butchering with Garin Fons
Saturday, Jan. 28
- Log Home Building Primer with William Lasko