African Music and Food this Friday night
at the VFW shelter! We're so fortunate that Yawo and his group love to come to Viroqua. If you can help cook, set up, clean up, or serve food
, contact Paula Grenier
Orientation and Camping Trip Meeting
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Group Equipment Needs List:
6:00 - New Parents
are invited to an Orientation Meeting for the beginning of the school year.
6:30 - Returning Students
will meet with this year's camping trip coordinator, Dave Hibbard-Rode.
7:00 - All Students and Parents
are invited to the Camping Trip Meeting.
If you have any of these items that you are willing to let us use for the camping trip, please bring them, labeled, to the Camping Trip Logistical Meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 21st.
· Tents – Enough space for about 50
· Tarps – Any old tarps you have lying around. Preferably without holes.
· Large outdoor shade/somewhat waterproof picnic shelter.
· Twine – A random bale of twine will do.
· Backpacks – Ideally for backpacking, but large durable packs of other kinds could work too. If you got’em, bring’em. We need enough for about 50 people.
· Compasses – Eight total.
· Lots of ropes of many kinds – Any will do really; they are for activities, not safety.
· Sleeping bags – If you have extras, bring’em for kids who don’t.
· Lots of two liter bottles with tops for water for backpacking trip.
· Cooking pots that can get soot from fire on them – We need a total of about eight of these pots.
· Cooking utensils – Big spoons and spatulas, knives for cutting food.
· Large, durable plastic bags for liners.
· Stoves for cooking – Double burner stoves preferable.
· Large pots, skillets, griddles, frying pans for cooking – Think food for fifty!
· Mixing Bowls
· 2-3 large vehicles, such as a large van, that we can drive out to the State Park and leave there for the week as an emergency vehicle as well as a place to store food.
· Drivers – We need enough drivers to bring fifty people to Black River State Forest, about an hour and a half away.
Back-to-School Clean-Up Time
Check out our on-line sign-up list for jobs we'd like to get done ahead of time this year. Visit SignUp Genius
(you'll have to sign in), sign up for a job, and indicate in the comment section when you'd like to come to school.
Most jobs can be done in an hour or less. Bring a friend! Just make sure to indicate when you're coming - we'll make sure the doors are open and supplies are available.
We may add more jobs to the list for the clean-up day itself, which is Saturday, August 25th from 9AM - 2PM