In the months ahead, we are going to move in a much bigger way to use the power of the Data Hub for fundraising, board and staff education, and national ministry capacity building. We want to make this power available to both PFI and all national ministries. To that end, we have some adjustments to make if we are going to optimize its effectiveness.
Two key adjustments are:
- Higher quality data input by national ministries
- Better training for national ministries on the value and use of the Data Hub
We believe we can accomplish both adjustments in four steps.
- In January, Adam and Hugh will lead a series of virtual training sessions designed specifically for regional staff. These training sessions will focus on how to use the Data Hub, as well as how to input accurate information via the portal (i.e. program-specific data). This will provide regional directors with all the skills necessary to support national ministries as they use the Data Hub.
- Incorporate regional director-led Data Hub workshops into all onsite assessments (capacity and program) and all onsite program annual reviews. This is the perfect opportunity to teach 50+ national ministries how to use the Data Hub for their purposes and verify their data is accurate.
- Incorporate regional director-led Data Hub workshops into all regional forums.
- Provide training and collect feedback from all regional staff during the May staff conference, scheduled 18–22 May 2020.
Please stay tuned for additional communications and guidance. If you have any immediate questions about Data Hub usage or data entry, please contact Hugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.