Inspired2Become - youth reaching their full potential
What we do every month to get the youth inspired!
Alternative action sports
Just add us to your online banking beneficiaries and sponsor a kid or project monthly:
-Year end function 2011: We had year end functions for our clubs where we gave them an I2B magazine with photos in from each club.
We are also very sad that Yaseen and Zynn had to move out of Strand. We will miss them a lot and will surely see them soon again!
-Onrus Classic: I2B together with Handsdown hosted a skimboarding competition at the annual Onrus Classic, a surf and bodyboard competition organised by Christian Surfers.
- Coast2Coast tour: It has been one of my dreams to tour with a band and reach out to peeple......Coast2Coast Tour, a music festival show with the Shofarband, dancers, games with prizes and a rollerblade demo all in the name of Christ. The team also had mobile skate ramps and ran small skate comps and did free skimboarding clinics at the beaches. The tour was along the west and south coast of South Africa stopping at Langebaan, Hermanus, Kleinmond, Mosselbay, Jeffreys bay, PE and ended in Plettenberg Bay on new years eve. Was an awesome tour and most importantly lots of people committed their lives to Jesus.
- The big skatepark move: The Son Skate Stellenbosch skatepark fortunately didn't have to close down completely. We only had to move the skatepark to another building on the same property where we can have I2B club meetings and skate competition. This has been a huge job and a lot of work still needs to get done at the new venue. The kids from the clubs has been helping alot. Below we are having a lunch break.
The new venue
-Planetshakers demo: I2B did a demo at the new Planetshakers church's youth called Planet Boom.
Athletics for youth with disabilities
- Stellenbosch work centre: Fanie and Dyan Buis (training partner) went to visit Jaques Segers at the Stellenbosch work centre which is for Adult persons with disabilities. They mostly focus on doing handcraft articles! Here they are folding small cheese boxes.
- Training shoes: We provided Le-Irwin Andries (u/13 able bodied boland champ) with some training shoes.
-Volenteers: Tracey Deerden, Manager of the Western Province team is also giving a hand in taking I2B forward.
-Alta du Toit Athletics meeting: On the 16th of January Alta du Toit had their first athletics day in order to see which of the athletes will go on to participate in athletics this season!
- SPONSOR A KID or A PROJECT!!!
You can now sponsor a kid weekly sport and life skill coaching for R240 a month. We provide equipment.
OR you can donate anything towards one of the following projects:
- I2B Kleinvlei skatepark and club
- I2B Belhar skatepark and club
- I2B Cloetesville skatepark and club
- I2B Bonteheuwel mobile skatepark
- Pebbles and I2B project at Stellenbosch Park
- I2B Kayamandi club at Stellenbosch Park
- Strand Skimboarding club
- Somerset West skatepark and club
- Athletics for youth with disabilities
(we are currently running as a youth sport project under Prochorus Community Developments) :
Name: Prochorus Community Developments
Branch code: 107110
Account No: 1071 313 452
Swift code: NEDSZAJJ
Reference: Inspired2Become + Name
You can also just click on the PayPal donate button below (or donate to firstname.lastname@example.org on the PayPal website).
Thank you for your support and interest!
-We thank God for everyone who supported us in 2011 and we pray for blessings and favour upon your lives in 2012.
-For I2B to influence lots of young people's lives in a positive way.
-For financial, material, equipment and service(volunteer) sponsorships.
-For the blessing of God on our support team and our projects.
Chris van der Merwe
C: 072 99 27 408