Inspired2Become - youth reaching their full potential
What we do every month to get the youth inspired!
Alternative action sports
-The new Belhar club: We only started with the I2B Belhar club in the beginning of this year and these guys are already very committed. They practicing hard and I'm very proud of them!
-The Mfuleni house building project: Habitat for Humanity and 5FM asked I2B to provide skating activities for the youth from Mfuleni High School during their house building day project in Mfuleni. They built 5 houses in Mfuleni. What a great project and we were honoured to help out on the day!
- Equipment received: At the Mfuleni day one kid got a full set-up skateboard thanks to Lydon Carter from Stellenbosch and some of the Belhar kids also got some rollerblades to practice with thanks to Brian Lindner from Stellenbosch and Steve Kerr from Cape Town. You guys really make a difference by donating your old skating equipment!!
- Shofar Malmesbury: I2B joined up with the Coast2Coast team again to go do an outreach show at the Malmesbury Shofar Church. They allowed us to set the ramps up inside the church. What an awesome day!
- I2B Strand growing: The skimboarding club really grew a lot just before the end of the summer (have to see who are committed enough to push through the winter). Thanks to Fiona Stander who brought the kids cooldrinks and hot dogs at the club practice.
- The Holiday Combined Club Meeting: Every school holiday we channge the club schedule a bit and do an event of some sort. This holiday we had a combined club meeting where al the skate clubs got introduced to one another. There was a second event but news on that will have to wait for the next letter :)
Athletics for youth with disabilities
- Team Building at Onrus: All the Stellenbosch athletes together with their partners, spent some time together off the track! We chilled on the beach, played a game of touch RUGBY, and made a round of golf! We would like to give a special thanks to my Parents (Ma Annatjie en Pa Koos) for making there home available to us all, it was a real blessing for us! This group is coached by Suzanne Ferreira and they are training for the Paralympics taking place later this year. I2B wish you all the best for the preparations for London 2012! Watch out for these faces!
-National Championships in Durban: Congratulations to Western Province and the Boland team with their outstanding Performance especially to Darren Ehlers (standing in the middle with his sunglasses) for being selected for the Preliminary list going to London! Below is the athletes from Pioneer and Alta Du Toit school from I2B who made it to nationals!
The view from on top of the Soccer Stadium, Moses Mabida in Durban!
-Jan Nehro also qualified for London 2012: and his guide Duane also made the preliminary list of potential athletes going to London, that was announced at the closing ceremony at the national championships in Durban, congratulations! I2B also would like to thank Luxor Academy in Kathu, Jolande van der Merwe organized a fund raiser, every class in the whole school participated and they raised over R7000 rand. Thank you to Heemstede ladies residence in Stellenbosch, Goedgedacht in Riebeek Kasteel, Les Pretorius and to every one else for their contributions!
-Special Olympics: Well done to Candy Pretorius on her performance at nationals, that was held at Paarl during March. She came 5th in the semi- finals (qualifying for the final as one of the fastest losers), but fought back hard in the final to get the gold! (Sitting on the right hand side)
- SPONSOR A KID or A PROJECT!!!
You can now sponsor a kid weekly sport and life skill coaching for R240 a month. We provide equipment.
OR you can donate anything towards one of the following projects:
- I2B Kleinvlei skatepark and club
- I2B Belhar skatepark and club
- I2B Cloetesville skatepark and club
- I2B Bonteheuwel mobile skatepark
- Pebbles and I2B project at Stellenbosch Park
- I2B Kayamandi club at Stellenbosch Park
- Strand Skimboarding club
- Somerset West skatepark and club
- Athletics for youth with disabilities
Just add us to your online banking beneficiaries and sponsor a kid or project monthly:
(we are currently running as a youth sport project under Prochorus Community Developments) :
Name: Prochorus Community Developments
Branch code: 107110
Account No: 1071 313 452
Swift code: NEDSZAJJ
Reference: Inspired2Become + Name
You can also just click on the PayPal donate button below (or donate to firstname.lastname@example.org on the PayPal website).
-We thank God for everyone who supported us in 2011 and we pray for blessings and favor upon your lives in 2012.
-For I2B to influence lots of young people's lives in a positive way.
-For financial, material, equipment and service(volunteer) sponsorships.
-For the blessing of God on our support team and our projects.
Thank you for your support and interest!
Chris van der Merwe
C: 072 99 27 408