Inspired2Become - youth reaching their full potential
What we do every month to get the youth inspired!
Alternative action sports
-Wedding Bells- Just for the people who didn’t know, I’m getting married on the 24th of September just outside of Stellenbosch. All the I2B kids have wished Jami and I all the best. Below pictures: Jami getting kidnapped for her kitchen tea and my bachelors where we had a full 8 lane race, geared out with spikes and outfits. Fanie won, myself in second and our dad in third place added he had a head start :)
-Revolution behind I2B- Below are some pictures of the guys who received second hand products from revolution in order to give them a chance to keep on skateboarding. Thanks Revolution!
-Captains from club receive new wheels- The two captains from the I2B Kleinvlei club, Kile and Bobo, received brand new wheels sponsored by Powerslide from Germany. These captains have helped the kids from their community with getting equipment from once a week to almost every day. Thanks guys, you are legends!
-Girls joining- Some girls from Cloetesville joined the I2B program recently. I2B bought them brand new inline skates from Mr. Price Sport to practice with.
-Cloetesville classroom- The municipality supports this project and has given us a classroom to meet in once a week.
-Bloemfontein- I2B has been supporting Louis from Bloemfontein to try and get a skatepark going there. This area really needs something like this. Please pray for Louis' mission.
Athletics for youth with disabilities
Just add us to your online banking beneficiaries and sponsor a kid or project monthly:
- All African Games 2011- Fanie, Hilton Langenhoven and Michael Lauwrens went to the games in Maputo, Mozambique from 8 - 16 September. Michael received a gold in shot put in the combined sitting class F57- F58 ( which is spinal cord injuries). Hilton Langenhoven ( T13- visual impairement) unfortunitly withdrew from the 400m because of tecnical reosons, in the 200m he won his heat comfortably and relaxed towards the end, thinking there would be semi- finals, unfortunitly they only took the 4 fastest times out of the 7 heats for the final. Fanie (T37- cerebral palsy) won the 200m in a world record time of 23.10 sec. From left: Michael, Fanie, Sarah (manager), Hilton.
The Stadium we competed in.
They had a skate ramp in front of the stadium for skaters to have fun on.
- S.A. Games - I2B had two athletes at the S.A. games representing Western Cape, which was held in Polokwane from 2 - 7 October. The games focus on the youth for various sporting codes. Denswell Maans (T12- visual impairment) from Pioneer won both his races, 100m in 11.89 sec. and 200m in 24.48 sec. Michelle (class T37- cerebral palsy ) from Alta du Toit school came 4th in the 100m (19.2 sec. ) and 3rd in the 200m (39,76 sec.) Fanie and Hilton Langenhoven had the privillage to go with as coaches and supporting staff. It was a great to experience the athletics meeting out of a coach perspective and we had time to build relationships with the athletes.
Denswell and Hilton on the track before his race.
Michelle 2nd from right in her 100m race.
SPONSOR A KID or A PROJECT!!!
You can now sponsor a kid weekly sport and life skill coaching for R240 a month. We provide equipment.
OR you can donate anything towards one of the following projects:
- Son Skate Stellenbosch skatepark
- I2B Kleinvlei skatepark and club
- I2B Cloetesville skatepark and club
- I2B Bonteheuwel mobile skatepark
- Pebbles and I2B project at Stellenbosch Park
- I2B Kayamandi club at Stellenbosch Park
- Strand Skimboarding club
- Athletics for youth with disabilities
(we are currently running as a youth sport project under Prochorus Community Developments) :
Name: Prochorus Community Developments
Branch code: 107110
Account No: 1071 313 452
Swift code: NEDSZAJJ
Reference: Inspired2Become + Name
You can also just click on the PayPal donate button below (or donate to firstname.lastname@example.org on the PayPal website).
Thank you for your support and interest!
-That our wedding would bless everyone there and a blessing on our marriage.
-For I2B to influence lots of young people's lives in a positive way.
-For the I2B kids to reach their full potential.
-The blessing of God on our support team and our projects.
Chris van der Merwe
C: 072 99 27 408