Inspired2Become - youth reaching their full potential
What we do every month to get the youth inspired!
Alternative action sports
Just add us to your online banking beneficiaries and sponsor a kid or project monthly:
-New ramps: We decided to build some new ramps for the I2B year end function for the rollerblading clubs. The I2B guys joined in!
-Year end function: On November the 26th we had a rollerblade competition for all the I2B clubs. This was such a great event. We had 3 categories: beginner, intermediate and advanced. With about 25 people competing on the day and almost everyone getting a little prize this was a highlight of our year. The top 5 beginners each won a brand new pair of aggressive in-line skates sponsored by I2B and Powerslide from Germany.
-Nathan's birthday at the park
-I2B Strand went to Clifton
- I2B and RAAKproductions: Inspired2Become decided to start a production company on the side to support us (my wife and I) as a family and also to create job opportunities to specific individuals. We are currently giving office space and freelance editing work to John O'Kennedy. John was born with an intellectual disability. He is very talented in video editing and we are honored to have him on our team! You can visit our website here: http://www.raakproductions.com/
-Sponsored product for November- Thanks Revolution for skateboarding equipment. Thanks to my friends for sponsoring old skates and thanks for the extra parts from The Conference in Germany which made it possible for me to fix up the skates for our clubs.
Athletics for youth with disabilities
-Alta Du Toit Fair well- For the fair well at Alta Du Toit school we showed the athletes the movie Soul Surfer to encourage them, these are some of the athletes who watched the movie. I also had the chance to pray for them afterwards.
-Western Province Sport Awards 2011- Fanie and Ilse Carstens won the disabled sportsman and sportswoman of the year awards at the Western Province Sport Awards.
Suzanne Ferreira (who coaches Fanie and Ilse and alot of other high performance athletes) was nominated for coach of the year at the Western Province Sport Awards. She is really making a difference in South Africa in athletics for people with disabilities.
- SPONSOR A KID or A PROJECT!!!
You can now sponsor a kid weekly sport and life skill coaching for R240 a month. We provide equipment.
OR you can donate anything towards one of the following projects:
- Son Skate Stellenbosch skatepark
- I2B Kleinvlei skatepark and club
- I2B Cloetesville skatepark and club
- I2B Bonteheuwel mobile skatepark
- Pebbles and I2B project at Stellenbosch Park
- I2B Kayamandi club at Stellenbosch Park
- Strand Skimboarding club
- Athletics for youth with disabilities
(we are currently running as a youth sport project under Prochorus Community Developments) :
Name: Prochorus Community Developments
Branch code: 107110
Account No: 1071 313 452
Swift code: NEDSZAJJ
Reference: Inspired2Become + Name
You can also just click on the PayPal donate button below (or donate to email@example.com on the PayPal website).
Thank you for your support and interest!
-That our wedding would bless everyone there and a blessing on our marriage.
-For I2B to influence lots of young people's lives in a positive way.
-For the I2B kids to reach their full potential.
-The blessing of God on our support team and our projects.
Chris van der Merwe
C: 072 99 27 408