Inspired2Become - spot the overlooked, develop the neglected
What we do every month to get the youth inspired!
Alternative action sports
Just add us to your online banking beneficiaries and sponsor a kid or project monthly:
-Demo at the South African Sports and Recreation Budget Speech with the aim to grow the support behind skateboarding and rollerblading
-The Hermanus Madnus – I2B hosted the first ever Hermanus Madnus, a two day event that consists of a skateboarding comp the first day and a skimboarding clinic on the second day.
-We took 4 guys with on the trip from I2B and Son Skate. We all stayed at my parents' place in Onrus.
- Revolution and I2B partnering in supporting the youth to get skateboard equipment- Thanks Rev! Below are some guys who already received 2nd hand equipment that is still in a good condition. These guys are also joining the I2B programmes.
-Kids getting skates to use for the school holidays
- Charl Jensel’s going away party- The Son Skate Stellenbosch park said goodbye to Charl Jensel after working at the park for 3years. He was a great person to have around and meant a lot to everyone coming to the park. He is joining the Indigo skate camp project. We are proud of you Charl. We will definitely still work with Charl in the future and we he will still be representing Son Skate and I2B.
- Some new kids joined the Strand skimboarding club - Here they are having their first session, developing their skills and showing some natural talent.
Athletics for youth with disabilities
- The SASAPD winter training camp - The development camp was held at Stellenbosch from 26 June - 2 July. Twenty eight athletes all around South Africa joined the camp. They did various kinds of sport specific tests and also gym and track exercises. They had some of the high performance athletes like Hilton Langenhoven and Arnu Fourie sharing their stories and what it takes to be a high performance athlete and encouraged them to keep on training hard. Below are the athletes doing some core exercises.
- Some of the athletes training hard in the gym.
- Berno is an above knee amputee from PTA who also joined the camp.
-A group of the Opex athletes are going Germany in July- They will participate in various events thereafter they will be training in Wales and London and also see the 2012 Paralympic stadium. Below is Arnu, Fanie, Ilse and Hilton.
SPONSOR A KID or A PROJECT!!!
You can now sponsor a kid weekly coaching classes and a life skills course for R240 a month. We provide equipment.
OR you can donate anything towards one of the following projects:
- Son Skate Stellenbosch skatepark
- Kleinvlei Skatepark
- Cloetesville skatepark
- Strand Skimboarding club
- Athletics for youth with disabilities
(we are currently running as a youth sport project under Prochorus Community Developments) :
Name: Prochorus Community Developments
Branch code: 107110
Account No: 1071 313 452
Swift code: NEDSZAJJ
Reference: Inspired2Become + Name (optional)
You can also just click on the PayPal donate button below (or donate to email@example.com on the PayPal website).
Thank you for your support and interest!
-Financial support for Inspired 2 Become to meet our budget for 2011.
-For I2B to influence lots of young people's lives in a positive way.
-The blessing of God on our support team and our projects.
Chris van der Merwe
C: 072 99 27 408