Registration is now open for the California Climate Action Planning Conference
. Hosted by Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
in partnership with the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research
, the two-day conference will feature in-depth presentations and discussions about technical innovations, political facets, and real-world trends in climate action planning. Join your fellow climate professionals in beautiful San Luis Obispo for this conference to focus on the current practices and future directions in local and regional climate action planning.
Session topics will include:
- California 2050 – the future starts today, future of climate action planning
- Lessons from Climate Action Plans prepared to date
- Effects of state policy and court rulings on local climate action planning
- Linking public health and climate change
- Best practices in local climate adaptation and preparedness planning
- Climate action roles of energy efficiency, water efficiency, agriculture, and land conservation
Please register soon! The inaugural 2013 Climate Action Planning Conference sold out. On-line registration
is easy. The standard early registration cost is $100 and ends July 31st.
Because the conference is on campus, there is no conference hotel. Please make lodging arrangements in San Luis Obispo soon, because the summer tourism season will still be underway. Please consult your favorite hotel search site, or check here for local hotels
If you have any questions, please contact conference co-directors and Cal Poly professors, Mike Boswell
or Adrienne Greve
, or Ascent principal, Honey Walters
, conference steering committee member, at (916) 930-3184.