Another year of significant CEQA legal, practice, and policy developments is coming to an end, including important court decisions, legislation, and guidelines amendments in process. Whether you are an attorney, planner, consultant, agency staff, or project applicant, CLE International’s 10th Annual CEQA Conference is designed to give you valuable, practical information on the timely CEQA topics that you can put to use immediately. Also, you can earn MCLE and AICP credits.
We are very fortunate to have CalEPA Secretary Matt Rodriquez
as our keynote speaker. He’ll share thoughts about CalEPA activities affecting CEQA.
Presenters include leading CEQA attorneys, planners, and scientists. This year’s panels and presentations include:
- Case law and regulatory developments influencing how health impacts are addressed in CEQA
- New legislative mandate to address tribal cultural resources enacted by AB 52
- A comprehensive analysis of 2014 CEQA court decisions
- A discussion about whether environmental protection features can be part of the project description, based on Lotus v. Caltrans
- Ethical considerations for CEQA attorneys (MCLE ethics credit)
- Update of SB 743 CEQA Guidelines amendments in process to replace LOS as a traffic significance criterion
- Current practices for accounting for climate adaptation in CEQA reviews
- CEQA for mega-projects
- Troubleshooting your CEQA administrative record
In addition to knowledge sharing, you can network with the expert speakers and fellow attendees. Please join co-chairs, Curtis E. Alling of Ascent Environmental and Al Herson of Sohagi Law Group, and other environmental professionals for this advanced CEQA conference in the City by the Bay.
Located at the beautiful Hotel Nikko, near Union Square, the conference gives you the chance to visit San Francisco adorned for the Holidays. The conference brochure
describes the full two-day schedule and the CLE conference website provides a registration page
. For room reservations, please visit Hotel Nikko’s website
, or call CLE’s travel service (888-724-0500) or the hotel (415-394-1111).