Top 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Miss the 2010 Summit:
1. It's a unique forum designed to help address issues that are shaping the food debate.
2. You will meet and share ideas with leaders from all segments of the food chain, as well as policy makers and thought leaders.
3. Attendees will discover proactive initiatives that are helping farmers and ranchers win the hearts and minds of consumers.
4. We will award a scholarship to the winner of our inaugural College Aggies Online competition- a program that has helped college students become confident advocates for agriculture.
5. At the conclusion of the Summit, you can stick around for a special workshop to develop strategies for strengthening and protecting agriculture in your state- it's offered for just $50.
Thanks To Our Event Sponsors:
Every year, the Stakeholders Summit brings together stakeholders from across the food chain to address the most challenging issues facing animal agriculture and other animal use industries, including animal welfare, public health, security, legal and legislative challenges, and the animal rights movement.
Early registration is due April 6. Learn more about the Ninth Annual Summit here:
Sara Wyant, Agri-Pulse Communications
Current Events Influencing Agriculture Asa Hutchinson, Lawyer and former Department of Homeland Security Undersecretary
Keynote Address: What's At Stake?
Wesley J. Smith, Fellow in Human Rights and Bioethics at the Discovery Institute
The Human Cost of the Animal Rights Movement
David Martosko, Editor of Humanewatch.org
Exposing Activists' True Agenda: Will It Build Consumer Support
Gale Buchanan, UGA Dean and former USDA Undersecretary
Agricultural Productivity Strategies
Congressman David Scott, Chair of Livestock, Dairy, and Poultry Subcommittee
David Silverberg, Editor of Homeland Security Today
Terrorism Against the Food Industry
Crystal Mackay, Ontario Farm Animal Council Executive Director
Cleaning Up the Bad Actors
Marjorie Stieve, Vita Plus Corporation
When Michael Pollan Visited Our City