CIRMACorner – for Public Schools
Helping schools deliver on their mission to educate students
“Before students can learn or teachers can teach, they must be safe.”
By making risk management a priority within your school community, you can directly improve your school's ability to deliver high-quality educational services to students. When teachers are kept safe and accidents prevented, losses are reduced and the cost savings can be directed back to your school's primary mission of educating students. Working with our School District Advisory Committee, CIRMA has created an online risk management resource page especially for Public Schools called the CIRMACorner.
The CIRMACorner page gathers together a wealth of safety and risk management information, training resources, and coverage information for school administrators, Safety & Health Committees, HR professionals that address current and emerging issues:
- Training & Education programs targeted specifically to public schools, with links to CIRMA’s instructor-led programs and E-Learning Center programs.
- Coverage programs tailored to public schools, including our International Travel Insurance Program.
- Best Practices Guides and Training Kits, including CIRMA's Summer Camp Counselor Safety Orientation kit, for employee training programs.
- White papers and other risk management information.
- Safety posters and employee handouts.
Visit the CIRMA Corner to download resources. Or add this link
to your school’s website or intranet, to provide your staff easy access to the CIRMA's tailored risk management resources. We've created two colorful CIRMACorner graphics Large or Small that you can place on your website to link to the CIRMACorner page.
The New Fairfield Public Schools, a 2017 Excellence in Risk Management Award recipient, reduced their Workers’ Compensation loss costs by 83% over four years by making risk management an organizational priority. Your school can achieve significant reductions in loss costs as well by working with CIRMA.
Contact your CIRMA Risk Management Consultant to learn more about our programs!