Follow us on Twitter and be notified of new jobs as soon as they are posted: Twitter.com/LongwoodsJobs
Healthcare Leadership and Nursing positions added daily on jobs.Longwoods.com. Click here to see them all or add your own positions.
From the Longwoods Archives
V-Health: The Virtualization of Care – Modern healthcare in a modern world - Healthcare is virtualizing around the world. Most diagnostics and as much as a quarter of all care will be delivered remotely by the end of the decade. Ontario has invested in modernizing health and, due to our challenging geographies, has created some of the world’s leading virtual health enterprises. These companies build upon our base of skilled workers and innovation to create healthcare firms that are changing the world.
Seeking Perfection in Healthcare - Defects have a high human cost, and they also have a huge business cost. For example, a study in 2000 showed that six preventable inpatient complications cost $9 billion annually. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
In general, the cost of our (U.S.) healthcare system is an embarrassment, and it's unsustainable. There is enough money in the system already; it is just being used poorly. If we improve quality and eliminate defects, we will be able to provide healthcare to everyone in the United States
Subscribe to any of the Longwoods Journals here
BIG DATA is a Big Issue | Reserve the date now - March 25, 2014. Registration opening next week. Electronic health records and health information exchanges can serve to aggregate and share comprehensive patient records. As more information is aggregated into the patient record, including from online medical devices in the home, innovative clinical decision support and predictive analytics will emerge. To leverage this volume of data, Big Data technology and techniques will be essential.
John P. Hoyt, Executive Vice President, HIMSS Analytics
Lydia Lee, Vice President, Chief Information Officer, UHN
Dennis Giokas, Chief Technology Officer, Canada Health Infoway
Brent Diverty, Vice President, Programs, CIHI
A HIMSS Stage 7 Hospital
Avi Goldfarb, Professor of Marketing, Rotman School of Business
Rick Skinner, Chief Information and Technology Officer, University of Virginia Health System
Sign up for our event alerts here to stay up to date on the conference.
More | Send us your transitions.
- Margaret Moy Lum-Kwong to Sr. Manager, Aboriginal Cancer Control, Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Virginia Wright to Chair in Paediatric Rehab, Bloorview Children’s Hospital Foundation, Toronto, ON
- Ron Dupuis to Board Chair, Sudbury and District Health Unit, Sudbury, ON
- Dr. Calvin Stiller to Board Chair, Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp, Toronto, ON
- John Ruetz to President & CEO, Catholic Health Corporation of Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Carolyn Baker, past president of St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Toronto, passed away on Thursday, January 30, 2014
- Maryanne D’Arpino to National Patient Safety Improvement Lead, Canadian Patient Safety Institute, Toronto, ON
- Cecily Wallace to Communications Advisor, Canadian Dermatology Association, Ottawa, ON
- Karim Keshavjee to Medical Director, ClinAdvance, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Marlene Spruyt to Medical Officer of Health and CEO, Timiskaming Health Unit, New Liskeard, ON
- Catherine Brown to Chief Executive Officer, OACCAC, Toronto, ON
- Emamul Haque to Major Gifts and Campaign Consultant, Mackenzie Health, Richmond Hill, ON
- Darren Fetterly to Director of Clinical Services – Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Service, the Group Health Centre in Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Lauren Ettin to Director, Policy and Member Relations, Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario (CAHO), Toronto, ON
Don’t forget; we don’t make these up. Please send your promotions, appointments, retirements and other transitions to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our transitions come from sources we believe to be reliable. We do not guarantee that they are correct. But we are rarely wrong.
- Patient Care Manager, Acute Care Inpatient Unit - Northern Regional Health Authority, The Pas, MB
- Payroll Billing Coordinator - Bayshore Specialty Rx, St. Catharines, ON
- Director, Facilities and Support Services - University Health Network, Toronto, ON
- Recruitment of New Board Members - North York General Hospital, Toronto, ON
- Registered Nurse, Mental Health and Addictions - Champlain Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), Ottawa, ON
- Nurse Practitioner - Central Community Care Access Centre, Newmarket, ON
- Registered Nurse - York Region, Newmarket, ON
- Senior Director, Planning, Integration and Community Engagement - Central Local Health Integration Network, Toronto, ON
- Director, Public Reports - Health Quality Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Executive Director, Practice Support and Quality - Doctors of BC, Vancouver, BC
- Quality and Integration Lead - Manitoulin Health Centre, Little Current, ON
- Professional Conduct Review Consultant - College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- CEO- MICs Group of Health Services - Cochrane District of Northern Ontario: Matheson Bingham Hospital, Iroquois Falls Anson General Hospital, and Cochrane's Lady Minto Hospital, ON
- President and Chief Executive Officer - Guelph General Hospital, Guelph, ON
- Plus lots of Nurse jobs in Manitoba, Ontario and British Columbia
- Many more healthcare positions here
Our busy careers site, jobs.Longwoods.com
, is the ideal place to advertise positions in healthcare. This site is not only Canada wide, but world wide, and is exclusively for the healthcare profession. Hundreds of healthcare recruiters use the site to recruit top candidates and close to a thousand job seekers are registered users. Hundreds of thousands of visitors to this site make it the most popular page on Longwoods.
on Twitter and see the jobs as soon as they are posted: Twitter.com/LongwoodsJobs