“We applaud the sequencing of the genome – but not life.”
will.i.am – The WWW Conference – September 2012. @forbes
Taking an aggressive stance on EMRs: lessons from the US and UK by Dr. Michael Guerriere and Justin Kim
Off the Cuff
Ontario Liberal party: Action Plan for Healthcare | Year Two Progress Report.
Ontario Conservative party: The Million Jobs Plan | Patient-centred Health Care | A Healthier Ontario.
Ontario New Democrat Party: Andrea Horwath's Plan for Healthcare in Ontario 2014
The Politics of Healthcare...
Fraser Health CEO, Dr. Nigel Murray resigns
Mediation Advocacy The Art of Persuasion by Paul M. Iacono, Q.C., B.A., LL.B.
No more vaccinations please!
23 most common search results for “healthcare in Canada" compiled by W. Anton Hart
Last week in Canadian Health History
June 3, 1934 Dr. Frederick Banting, co-discoverer of insulin, knighted in England
June 3, 1983 Dr. Morgentaler charged with conspiracy in Winnipeg
June 4, 1897 Mater Misericordiae opens in Rossland, BC
June 7, 2009 President of eHealth Ontario is fired by Minister David Caplan
Check out our three twitter networks: @elongwoods (national and global initiatives from the publisher): @LongwoodsNotes (updates of just-published ideas, policies and practices) and @Longwoodsjobs ((for the latest healthcare careers).
Registration opening soon
5 former Deputy Ministers shared an evening with Richard Alvarez recently. Hear Richard speak at Breakfast with the Chiefs.
September 11, 8:00AM, Location TBA.
Timothy Caulfield and Dr. Danielle Martin discuss Healthcare Zombies: What keeps them Walking?
Oct 22, 8:00AM, St. Michael's Hospital, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute
Our Editors Recommend
CPOE with Evidence-Based Clinical Decision Support Improves Patient Outcomes: The Journey to Date for a Canadian Hospital
Public Health May Not Be Ready for Health System Change – But Neither Is the System Ready to Integrate Public Health
Communities of Practice as a Professional and Organizational Development Strategy in Local Public Health Organizations in Quebec, Canada: An Evaluation Model
The Value of Registered Nurses in Collaborative Family Practice: Enhancing Primary Healthcare in Canada
World Health and Population
Breastfeeding in Cambodia: Mother Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices
More | Add your conference
- June 12-13, 2014: Toronto, ON. Emergency Department Management Conference
- July 14-16, 2014: Halifax, NS. Health Technology Assessment for Decision Makers
- July 18, 2014: Toronto, ON. IDEAS Advanced Learning Program
- September 29-30, 2014: Toronto, ON. National Interprofessional Healthcare Conference
More | Send us your transitions.
- Suzanne Johnston to President the Niagara Health System, St. Catharines, ON
- Dr. David Ostrow to interim President and Chief Executive Officer, Fraser Health, Surrey, BC
- Dr. Hélène Boisjoly to President, Board of Directors, Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada, Ottawa, ON
- Aubrey Tingle, health research leader, builder and mentor, appointed to the Order of British Columbia
- John A. Cairns, heart disease researcher and educator, appointed to the Order of British Columbia
- William Clifford, physician and health information technology pioneer, appointed to the Order of British Columbia
- James C. Hogg, lung disease researcher and educator, appointed to the Order of British Columbia
- Hal Weinberg, brain behavior researcher and local government leader, appointed to the Order of British Columbia
- Cary Sennett to President and CEO of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), Landover, MD
- Stephen Jackson to Board of Directors, Canadian College of Health Leaders
- HealthCareCAN (SoinsSantéCAN) is the new name for the merged Canadian Healthcare Association (CHA) and the Association of Canadian Academic Healthcare Organizations (CAHO)
- Palliative Medical Lead - Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), Brampton, ON
- Manager, Quality Improvement Framework and Accreditation - Canadian Hearing Society, Toronto, ON
- Chief Executive Officer - Addictions and Mental Health Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Executive Director - Yukon Registered Nurses Association, Whitehorse, YK
- Executive Director - The Jean Tweed Centre, Toronto, ON
- Senior Manager, Therapy Services - Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), Richmond Hill, ON
- Regional Director, Education & Training - Northern Health, Prince George, BC
- And, lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, and Ontario
- Plus many more healthcare positions here