BC Healthcare workers take deal
A contract covering 47,000 health-care workers in British Columbia has been ratified by the 11 unions involved.
The five-year deal giving workers a 5.5 per cent wage increase and a cap on contracting out of jobs was ratified by a vote of 64.6 per cent.
Was B.C.’s push for better primary healthcare a $1-billion bust?
Take a look at Alberta before fretting over hospital wait times
Canada’s doctors: the best, the brightest – and the burned out
“. . .most experts (and the federal government) say that the average job lasts three and a half years. Which means that the average person becomes a job-hunter every three and a half years, voluntarily or not. And the trend, on average, is toward shorter job tenures, not longer.” (source: What Color is Your Parachute? Job-Hunting Online) Here is one dependable parachute
From the Longwoods Archives
British Columbia: Improving Retention and Recruitment in Smaller Communities
The research showed that nurses' learning experiences positively affected their personal growth as well as the work environment on the unit and their working relationship with all staff on the unit.
Many of the nurses discovered that a variety of different career possibilities exist for them, within the RIH and within nursing. Job satisfaction and staff engagement improved, and many of the nurses indicated that because of the project they intended to remain employed at the RIH.
Creating Healthy Health Care Workplaces in British Columbia: Evidence for Action
Workplace health promotion interventions that are comprehensive, well designed, and successfully implemented tend to have good ROI. Decision-makers must be aware of the limitations of conducting ROI research on organizational interventions. Research on the causes and consequences of healthy and unhealthy work environments also to indicates directions for change
Subscribe to any of the Longwoods Journals here
Healthcare Trio Deal!
Follow us on Twitter and be notified of new jobs as soon as they are posted: Twitter.com/LongwoodsJobs
Healthcare Leadership and Nursing positions added daily on jobs.Longwoods.com. Click here to see them all or add your own positions.
- Dr. Eric Hoskins to Minister of Health and Long Term Care, Ontario Government, Toronto, ON
- Deb Matthews to to Treasury Board, Ontario Government, Toronto, ON
- Michael Green to President and CEO, Canada Health Infoway, Toronto, ON
- Paul Gallant to Chair, Canadian College of Health Leaders, BC Lower Mainland Chapter, Vancouver, BC
- Katie Lafferty to Ontario Stroke Network Board, Toronto, ON
- Jill Cameron to Ontario Stroke Network Board, Toronto, ON
- Susan Kwolek to VP Patient Services, Mackenzie Health, Richmond Hill, ON
- Marcy Saxe-Braithwaite to Director, Organizational Effectiveness, SteriPro, Toronto, ON
- Trevor Young to Dean, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Steven Harrison to Chief Operating Officer at the College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
- Jenny Moloney to Quality Leader, Haematology, Oncology, BMT, SickKids, Toronto, ON
- Dr. David Kaplan to Associate Professor, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Mark Swain to Head, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
- Alain Champagne to President, McKesson Canada, St-Laurent, QC
- Nick Loporcaro to President for McKesson Specialty Health, St-Laurent, QC
- Paula Keays to Senior Vice President, Pharmaceutical Distribution and Operations, McKesson Canada, St-Laurent, QC
- Sam Sebastian to President and CEO Google Canada, Toronto, ON
Our transitions come from sources we believe to be reliable. We do not guarantee that they are correct. But we are rarely wrong.
- Professional Practice Leader, Pharmacy - Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, Toronto, ON
- Collaborative Practice Leader - Clinical Informatics - St. Joseph's Health Centre, Toronto, ON
- Chief Executive Officer - ALS Canada, Markham, ON
- Executive Vice-President, Enterprise & Innovation - Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON
- Executive Vice-President, Corporate Affairs - Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON
- Manager,Operating Rooms & Cystoscopy Suite - Humber River Hospital, Downsview, ON
- Patient Care Manager, Medicine & Seniors Care Program - St. Joseph's Health Centre, Toronto, ON
- Associate Vice President, Information Services - Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga, ON
- Director of Client Services and Manager of Client Services - Toronto Central Community Care Access Centre, Toronto, ON
- Client Services Director - The London InterCommunity Health Centre, London, ON
- And, lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, and Ontario
- Plus many more healthcare positions here
Our busy careers site, jobs.Longwoods.com
, is the ideal place to advertise positions in healthcare. This site is not only Canada wide, but world wide, and is exclusively for the healthcare profession. Hundreds of healthcare recruiters use the site to recruit top candidates and close to a thousand job seekers are registered users. Hundreds of thousands of visitors to this site make it the most popular page on Longwoods
on Twitter and see the jobs as soon as they are posted: Twitter.com/LongwoodsJobs