"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do." Jennifer Zelmer quoting Leonardo da Vinci to illustrate that "The need to drive to action is by no means new."
Time for a National Strategy for Patient Safety by Dr. Ben Chan
Off the Cuff
Surveys, surveys everywhere: lots of noise to filter
1. Patient Surveys - Excellent Care for All - Public Information to improve the patient experience.
2. Health Quality Ontario - Positive Patient Experience
3. Patient Experience at St. Mary's is among the best in Ontario ...
4. Patient Ratings of Overall Satisfaction and ...
5. Developing a Pan-Canadian Patient Experience ... - CIHI
6. Almonte Hospital is best in Ontario for maternity care
7. Public Engagement in Ontario's Hospitals – Opportunities ...
8. Patient Experience – Diagnostic Assessment -...
9. Do engaged employees ensure great patient experience?
10. Patient Satisfaction Surveys - Rouge Valley Health System
Now in the Longwoods Library: signed copy of T.C. Douglas: a pictorial biography.
How Does Ego Cause Leaders To Self-Destruct?
We won’t have Medicare II without federal leadership
Our Editors Recommend
Inter-professional Collaboration as a Health Human Resources Strategy: Moving Forward with a Western Provinces Research Agenda
Faculties of Medicine: Important Contributors to Health Human Resource Planning in Canada
Supply and Distribution of Primary Healthcare Registered Nurses in British Columbia
Health Human Resources Planning in an Interdisciplinary Care Environment: To Dream the Impossible Dream?
World Health and Population
Comparative Analysis and Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Demographic Policies in EU Countries (2009-2010)
More | Add your conference
- April 16, 2014: Live Webcast. IHPME Seminar Series: A local HTA shop called HOPE
- April 24, 2014: Thunder Bay, ON. Conference for Administrative Professionals – Thunder Bay
- April 24, 2014: Sudbury, ON. Conference for Administrative Professionals – Sudbury
- April 24-25, 2014: Toronto, ON. Conference for Administrative Professionals – Toronto
- April 24-25, 2014: Hamilton, ON: HI Bootcamp – The Condensed Version
- April 28-30, 2014: Vancouver, BC. International Health Data Linkage Conference
- May 5-6, 2014: Montreal, QC. Fourth Biennial Bilingual CSSH Conference
- May 12, 2014: Toronto, ON. Health Data Users Day
- May 12, 2014: Toronto, ON. ARCC Conference 2014: Canada’s Applied Research in Cancer Control Conference
- May 13-14, 2014: Toronto, ON. Human Resources Strategies for Healthcare
- May 13-15, 2014: Toronto, ON. 2014 CAHSPR Conference: Convergence of Health Policy and Evidence – Bridge Over Troubled Water
- May 15-16, 2014: Toronto, ON. Creating Strategic Change in Canadian Healthcare
- May 20-23, 2014: Toronto, ON. The Dorothy Wylie Nursing / Health Leaders Institute
- May 21-22, 2014: Edmonton, AB. Western Health Summit 2014
- May 22, 2014: Toronto, ON. SOG Education Day Event
- May 29-30 2014: Toronto, ON. e-Medication Management Conference
- June 2-3, 2014: Banff, AB. National Health Leadership Conference
- June 8-10, 2014: Toronto, ON. OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together 2014 Conference
- June 12-13, 2014: Toronto, ON. Emergency Department Management Conference
More | Send us your transitions.
- Lydia Lee to Senior Vice-President and Chief Information Officer at University Health Network, Toronto, ON
- Wynne Powell to Interim Chairman, Fraser Health Authority, Surrey, BC
- Dr. Steven MacDonald to Chief, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western, London, ON
- Dr. Janet Dancey to Director, NCIC Clinical Trials Group, Kingston, ON
- Lori Livingston reappointed to Dean, Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON
- David Pidduck to Vice President, Marketing and Health Solutions, Purdue Pharma, Pickering, ON
- George Harris to Nurse Clinician, Alberta Health Services, Claresholm, AB
- Paul Haycraft to Managing Director – Health, PwC, Toronto, ON
- Catherine Hinton to Advancement Director, Sunnybrook Foundation, Toronto, ON
- Thérèse Takacs to Chief Partnerships and Development Officer, Mental Health Commission of Canada, Calgary, AB
Attention Recruiters: Spring Sale! Buy a Package for 10 Job Postings NOW and SAVE 50% off the regular rate!
- Vice-President, Planning and Development - West Park Healthcare Centre, Toronto, ON
- Vice President (VP), Clinical Services and Chief Nursing Executive (CNE), Cambridge Memorial Hospital, Cambridge, ON
- Clinical Director, Operations, Flow and Patient Registration - Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga, Toronto, ON
- Program Director, Primary Care, Rehabilitation, Complex Continuing Care & Seniors' Services - Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga, Toronto, ON
- Director, Human Resources and Organizational Development - Health Quality Ontario, Toronto, ON
- LEAN Process Improvement Specialist, Quality Management - Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, ON
- Director, Finance and Information Management - Lakeridge Health, Oshawa, ON
- Chief of Interprofessional Practice - Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, ON
- Regional Director, Chronic Diseases - Northern Health, Prince George, BC
- Vice-President, External Affairs & Business Development / Vice-président(e), Affaires extérieures et développement d’entreprise - CIHR, Ottawa, ON
- Plus many more healthcare positions here