“These men and women are neglected in the Canadian Forces and then completely abandoned as veterans.” Liberal MP Frank Valeriote
Hoskins unveils Health Plan v. 2.0 by Rick Janson
What it's Like for Disabled and Elderly People to Take Transit in Toronto by Neil Seeman
Off the Cuff
Canada's Veterans Independence Program: A Pioneer of "Aging at Home" The Veterans Independence Program (VIP) was developed in the late 1970s to promote the independence and aging at home of Second World War veterans.
...the Quebec Government has passed Bill 52 – a Bill legalizing euthanasia or what is euphemistically being called medical aid in dying (MAD). Is It Time to Get MAD? by Harvey Max Chochinov
WHO asks Canada to justify Ebola visa ban
Canada and U.S. ration healthcare differently
December 15, 2014: CALL FOR PAPERS DEADLINE: Global Telehealth 2015 (pdf)
PC and NDP MPP's call for Deb Matthews to resign over Ornge mismanagement.
“Preventing Falls: From Evidence to Improvement” A Collaboration between CPSI, Accreditation Canada and CIHI.
TELUS Health Talks – November 14, 2014
Dr. Farzad Mostashari covers Taking an Aggressive Stance on EMRs: Lessons from the US
(This session is available to attendees at no cost. You do not need to be a HealthcareBoard member to attend.)
Sponsored by TELUS Health
Breakfast with the Chiefs – January 22, 2015
Dr. Jack Kitts, Dr. Barry McLellan, Dr. Kevin Smith and Leslee Thompson
Can innovation (1) improve care for patients (2) strengthen the healthcare system and (3) save money?
Sponsored by Cerner Canada; PwC; Orion Health; National Research Corporation, HIROC and Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement.
Save the date – February 11, 2015. Ways & Means: Health Links – Ministries report. Patients reflect. Providers enlighten. Experts analyse. An interactive conference to define the opportunities and consider the possibilities to better care.
Join our Chairs:
Dr. Danielle Martin, Vice President, Medical Affairs and Health System Solutions, Women’s College Hospital and
Dr. Sacha Bhatia, Director of the Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care (WIHV) at Women’s College Hospital.
With confirmed participants:
Dr. Robert Bell, Deputy Minister of Health, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
Helen Angus, Associate Deputy Minister, Policy and Transformation, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
Will Falk, Managing Partner and National Leader of the Healthcare Services Group, PwC
Brian Golden, Sandra Rotman Chair in Health Sector Strategy at The University of Toronto and The University Health Network, Professor of Strategic Management Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Joshua Tepper, President and CEO, Health Quality Ontario
Lisa Priest, Director, North East Toronto Health Link, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Registration opening soon! Sign up here to be the first to know when registration opens
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
World Health and Population
More | Add your conference
- November 12, 2014: Ottawa, ON. 5As Workshops for Family Physicians & Nurse Practitioners
- November 12, 2014: Webinar Improvement Cost-Benefit Analysis
- November 19 & 26, 2014: Online. eSafety Series
- November 20, 2014: Webinar Better Health and Lower Costs for Patients with Complex Needs
- November 24, 2014: Online. Improving Wait Times: Single-entry models for hip and knee replacement patients
- November 24-25, 2014: Vancouver, BC. Accreditation Forum 2014
- November 27, 2014: Toronto, ON. Long-Term Care: A Safe and Secure Environment
- November 27-28, 2014: Ottawa, ON. 2nd Annual National Correctional Services Healthcare Conference
- November 28, 2014: Halifax, NS. Exploring data: from abstract to action
- December 2, 4, & 9, 2014: Online. Health Informatics Bootcamp 2
- December 3-4, 2014: Vancouver, BC. 2nd Annual National Operating Room Management Conference
- December 4-5, 2014: Toronto, ON. Canadian Casemix & Activity Based Funding Conference
- December 9, 2014: Webinar Healthcare 'Hot Spotting'
- January 20, 2015: Webinar Managing Multimorbidities
- January 28, 2015: Webinar Analyzing Data Over Time for Quality Improvement
- February 5, 2015: Toronto, ON. Perspectives in Competency Assessment
- February 23-28, 2015: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program at Rotman School of Management
- April 19-21, 2015: Richmond Hill, ON. 2015 HPCO Annual Conference - Call for abstracts deadline, November 17, 2014
- May 19-22, 2015: Toronto, ON. Leading in Complex Environments … Finding the Courage to Lead
- June 15-16, 2015: Charlottetown, PE. National Health Leadership Conference
More | Send us your transitions.
- Nadja Pollaert to Executive Director, Doctors of the World Canada, Montreal, QC
- Pierre Noel to Chair of the Ontario Hospital Association's (OHA) Board of Directors, Toronto, ON
- Deanne Crothers to Manitoba minister of healthy living and seniors, Winnipeg, MB
- Sharon Blady to Manitoba minister of health, Winnipeg, MB
- Executive Director - Algoma Family Services, Sault Saint Marie, ON
- Nurse, Advanced Practice - WSIB, Toronto, ON
- Director, Policy, Advocacy & Strategy - CNA, Ottawa, ON
- Vice President, Human Resources - Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, AB
- And, lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here