"His critics and opponents would be wise not to make the same mistake they did before. Mr. Trudeau is ready. Do not underestimate him." Bob Rae tells us that Mr. Trudeau offered a compelling vision and a flawless campaign
Canadian Political Science and Medicare: Six Decades of Inquiry
Off the Cuff
Before we voted the Liberals Promised...
And more ...
- The party’s platform says a Liberal government under Leader Justin Trudeau would “improve access to necessary prescription medications” and help provinces to buy less expensive drugs in bulk to pass savings on to patients.
- Mr. Trudeau says a Liberal government would spend $3-billion over four years to improve home-care services, and invest $190-million to expand the compassionate-care benefit to give paid time off to Canadians who look after seriously ill family members.
- Mr. Trudeau has said a Liberal government would appoint an all-party special committee to come up with recommendations for assisted-dying laws.
- In his letter to the premiers, Mr. Trudeau promised a Liberal government would aim to craft a new health-care funding agreement after a meeting between the provinces and Ottawa.
ad all the promises from the main parties
Federal judge rules health minister jumped gun on Apotex
- The Liberal government will modernize healthcare
- Convene a first ministers meeting on health care within 60 days.
- Create a brain health strategy.
- Canadian health promotion strategy to reduce obesity.
- National food policy to encourage healthier eating, and clearer food labelling.
- Incentives for doctors and nurses to practise in rural and remote areas.
- Work with provinces to invest $3 billion in healthcare for home care, mental health and to lower cost of prescription drugs.
- *source www.canada.com and www.thestar.com
New Humber River Hospital now open: Inpatients have been moved from 3 legacy sites
Dry air in the winter results in you breathing in a cocktail of dead cells, mucus and viruses from anyone and everyone over the last few hours.
AJ Jacobs followed every piece of health advice he could for a year and it almost killed him.
HealthcarePapers Vol. 14, No. 4: The Patient Experience in Ontario 2020: What Is Possible?
How valuable are MOOC’s (Massive Open Online Courses)? Only 4% of those who start will finish, but what do the people who finish think?
You don’t have to be a hospital to be a member of the Ontario Hospital Association. Enjoy the benefits:
Thought Leadership | Communications and Information | Education and Career Development | Leadership Development | Benefit Plans | Employee Relations | Strategic Human Resources | Employee Relations | Pension Plan: HOOPP . . . more.
November 19, 2015
TELUS Talks Health with Dr. Mark Britnell, Chairman and Partner of the Global Health Practice at KPMG.
A free and open event.
Watch Breakfast with the Chiefs' videos here
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
World Health and Population
- October 21, 2015: A Collaborative Approach to a Chronic Care Problem in Canada: Evaluative Results from the Atlantic Healthcare Collaboration – Part 1
- October 26-30, 2015: Across Canada. Canadian Patient Safety Week
- October 28-29, 2015: Toronto, ON. AFHTO 2015 Conference: Team-Based Primary Care: The Foundation of a Sustainable Health System
- November 1-3, 2015: Toronto, ON. The Canadian Association for Population Therapeutics 2015 Annual Conference
- November 3-4, 2015: Toronto, ON. Aging Well. Different Perspectives.
- November 5, 2015: Online. Better Together: Spreading Family Presence Policies to Accelerate Healthcare Improvement – Part 1: Changing the Concept of Families as ‘Visitors’
- November 12 & 19, 2015: Online. Digital Health - Canadian Status Report Update & Important Next Steps
- November 26-27, 2015: Toronto, ON. Industrial Strength Privacy and Security Workshop
- February 22-26, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 1
- April 18-22, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 2
- June 5-7, 2016: Toronto, ON. 2016 OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together Conference
- June 13-17, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 3
- Dr. Amanda Black to Research Chair in Women’s Health, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON
- Dr. Sony Singh to Research Chair in Women’s Health, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON
- André Picard to the Chair of the Healthy Canada Conference Series, Toronto, ON
- Terry Shields to CEO, Leamington District Memorial Hospital, Leamington, ON
| Send us your transitions
- Director, Drug Program Services - Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Director, Clinical Services - Youthdale Treatment Centres, Toronto, ON
- Chief Executive Officer - Copernicus Lodge, Toronto, ON
- National Chief Executive Officer - Canadian Mental Health Association, Toronto, ON
- Vice-President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer - Joseph Brant Hospital, Burlington, ON
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here