"Primary care reform is unfinished business in every province – and barely begun in some... In Ontario, for example, many policy makers feel that "we've done primary care; we've spent a lot and have little to show for it, so let's move on to something else." Brian Hutchison, The Undisciplined Economist, on Reforming Canadian Primary Care. Don't Stop Half-Way
Healthcare reform needs citizens' voice by Jeffery F.Collins, David Zitner and Marco Navarro-Genie
Off the Cuff
Interview with Dr. David Naylor - Chair of the Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation
Achieving Healthcare Reform: By the Numbers by Jennifer Zelmer
Quebec nurses' union launches hotline for complaints about healthcare system
Towards the Privatization of Britain’s National Health Service (NHS)? Interview with John Lister
Subscribe to Healthcare Quarterly by August 31st and receive Healthcare Policy FREE*.
*A complete 1 year subscription to everything in Healthcare Quarterly and Healthcare Policy for $104. Sale open until Monday, August 31, 2015. Subscribe by putting both journals (online only) in your cart and fill in the coupon code Policy. Personal Online Only Subscriptions only, taxes not included.
Atlantic health ministers agree to stand united in talks with Ottawa
Ontario Investing $125 Million in Hospital Repairs and Upgrades
ONA president condemns erosion of nursing
Demand a Plan. The CMA is calling for a national strategy for seniors - right now.
Federal Election: What Will Your Candidate Do to Support Mental Health?
The Politics of Health Care | Checkup Panel (Video). Canadians consistently say healthcare is their top issue of national concern. What health issues should be on the federal election agenda?
"it’s not free’: Canadian healthcare insurance almost doubles in cost during last decade as average family pays $12K
True cost of healthcare to average family is $11K per year: report
Provinces with more seniors should get more health care cash, doctors say
How much are ambulance fees in your province? Click here to find out
The Health of Cities: Peterborough, Ontario
Book Review: Eat Like a Champion (A How To Feed Manual For Active Kids)
Breakfast with the Chiefs, Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - Toronto, ON
Dr. Edward M. Brown, William F. Falk and Jennifer Zelmer
Topic: Virtually There? Digital Health and the Transformation of Care
Sponsored by: IBM, Medtronic, Cerner, CFHI
Save the Date - November 19, 2015
TELUS Health Talks with Dr. Mark Britnell, Chairman and Partner of the Global Health Practice at KPMG.
Sign up for our New Events Alerts to be notified of when registration opens.
Watch Breakfast with the Chiefs' videos here
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
- Until August 31, 2015: Online. NIHI Summer On Demand Series
- September 17-18, 2015: Vancouver, BC. Institute for Health Technology Transformation Vancouver Health IT Summit (for 15% discount use the code ‘Longwoods’)
- September 22-24, 2015: Edmonton, AB. Networks as Interventions: Policy Tool or Panacea?
- September 28-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2015 Health Technology Assessment for Decision Makers
- September 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. PSEP – Canada Become a Patient Safety Trainer Conference
- October 19-21, 2015: Halifax, NS. Big Data for Productivity Congress
- October 26-30, 2015: Across Canada. Canadian Patient Safety Week
- October 28-29, 2015: Toronto, ON. AFHTO 2015 Conference: Team-Based Primary Care: The Foundation of a Sustainable Health System
- February 22-26, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 1
- April 18-22, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 2
- June 13-17, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 3
- Tyson Roffey to Head of Canadian Healthcare Solutions and Social Innovation, Hitachi Data Systems Canada, Toronto, ON
- Kirk Fergusson to Managing Director of Canada for mdBriefCase, Toronto, ON.
More | Send us your transitions
- Program Chief and Medical Director of Primary Care, Palliative Care, Rehab, Complex Continuing Care and Seniors’ Services - Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga, ON
- Program Chief and Medical Director of Mental Health - Trillium Health Partners, Mississauga, ON
- Chief Executive Officer - International Council of Nurses (ICN), Geneva, CH
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here