"Blame doctors for drugging seniors" Ontario Health Minister Deb Matthews on the drugging of seniors in provincially regulated nursing homes.
Top 10 Changes in Healthcare in Canada in the Last 40 Years by Tom Closson
Off the Cuff
Question: Do you know? -- What is the most expensive type of hospitalization in Canada by diagnosis?
Leading Hospitalization Costs in Acute Inpatient Facilities in 2012–2013
Perpetuation of the species – in all its natural glory
Longwoods.com is not (yet) threatening Google or Facebook but in Canada we now rank 4,846 on Alexa.com, the official global website popularity scale ranking close to a billion websites. Lower is better. No other professional healthcare website in Canada ranks better. Thank you readers and users, we appreciate your confidence in Longwoods.com
Finding the right person...
Good leadership is at the heart of motivating people and creating employees who have a sense of purpose. We often are reminded of the essence of strong leadership skills when business leaders successfully negotiate tough challenges, but how important do we regard these skills in leadership roles in academic medicine? Healthcare Quarterly 5(3) 2002
As a leader, you have a unique blend of qualifications, talents, expertise, and accomplishments to offer a potential employer. Determine which special features you have that your competitors do not have. By providing your prospective employer with a clear idea of your distinctive value, you take the competition out of the equation. HR Resources 2007
...you must step into every meeting armed with your talent, knowledge, and the tools to present yourself as an exceptional leader and a valuable asset. HR Resources 2007
...it is not always clear why the Board Chairs of such organizations are compensated in the way that they are. Longwoods white papers 2013
Call for Nominations for the 2014 HRF Medal of Honour is now open.
Medal of Honour is awarded to truly outstanding individuals whose research and/or contribution to public policies supportive of research and development in Canada have achieved international recognition. The deadline to submit nominations is April 30, 2014.
The Rx&D Health Research Foundation (HRF) has partnered with the CIHR’s Strategy for Patient Oriented Research (SPOR) to fund innovative patient-oriented research through their Fostering Innovation in Health Care initiative.
Our Editors Recommend
Pilot Testing of a Questionnaire for the Evaluation of Mental Health Services in Family Health Team Clinics in Ontario
Innovators and Early Adopters of Population Health in Healthcare: Real and Present Opportunities for Healthcare–Public Health Collaboration
Is There Unity in An Image?
Predicting Patients with High Risk of Becoming High-Cost Healthcare Users in Ontario
World Health and Population
Sustainability of Cancer Registration in the Kilimanjaro Region of Tanzania - A Qualitative Assessment
More | Add your conference
- April 24, 2014: Thunder Bay, ON. Conference for Administrative Professionals – Thunder Bay
- April 24, 2014: Sudbury, ON. Conference for Administrative Professionals – Sudbury
- April 24-25, 2014: Toronto, ON. Conference for Administrative Professionals – Toronto
- April 24-25, 2014: Hamilton, ON: HI Bootcamp – The Condensed Version
- April 28-30, 2014: Vancouver, BC. International Health Data Linkage Conference
- May 5-6, 2014: Montreal, QC. Fourth Biennial Bilingual CSSH Conference
- May 12, 2014: Toronto, ON. Health Data Users Day
- May 12, 2014: Toronto, ON. ARCC Conference 2014: Canada’s Applied Research in Cancer Control Conference
- May 13-14, 2014: Toronto, ON. Human Resources Strategies for Healthcare
- May 13-15, 2014: Toronto, ON. 2014 CAHSPR Conference: Convergence of Health Policy and Evidence – Bridge Over Troubled Water
- May 15-16, 2014: Toronto, ON. Creating Strategic Change in Canadian Healthcare
- May 20-23, 2014: Toronto, ON. The Dorothy Wylie Nursing / Health Leaders Institute
- May 21-22, 2014: Edmonton, AB. Western Health Summit 2014
- May 22, 2014: Toronto, ON. SOG Education Day Event
- May 29-30 2014: Toronto, ON. e-Medication Management Conference
- June 2-3, 2014: Banff, AB. National Health Leadership Conference
- June 8-10, 2014: Toronto, ON. OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together 2014 Conference
- June 12-13, 2014: Toronto, ON. Emergency Department Management Conference
- Paul Kilbertus to Senior Manager, Strategic Communication, Canadian Diabetes Association, Toronto, ON
- Lori Marshall to Chief Executive Officer of Erie St. Clair CCAC, Chatham, ON
- David Rounthwaite to Intermin CEO, eHealth Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Sylvain Coderre to Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
- Emmanuel Casalino to Senior Director, Physician and Consumer ehealth, eHealth Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Bonnie Schmidt to Board, Ontario Genomics Institute, Toronto, ON
- Elizabeth Dowdeswell to Board, Ontario Genomics Institute, Toronto, ON
- Patrick Lee to Team Lead and Special Advisor to Government of Nova Scotia, Health Department, Halifax, NS
- Bruce Quigley to Acting CEO, Pictou County Health Authority, New Glasgow, NS
- Dr. Douglas Naudie to Site Chief of Surgery, London Health Sciences, University Hospital, London, ON
- Elisabeth Riley to retire as President and CEO, Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital, Orillia, ON
- Dr. Hamidah Meghani to Commissioner and Medical Officer of Health (MOH), Halton Region, ON
- Dr. Thomas Stewart to Chief of Staff, Niagara Health System, St Catharines, ON
More | Send us your transitions.
Answer to “Do you know?” -- Vaginal births are the most expensive types of hospitalizations in Canada by diagnosis.
Attention Recruiters: Spring Sale! Buy a Package for 10 Job Postings NOW and SAVE 50% off the regular rate!
- Director, Northern and Aboriginal Health - Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement, Ottawa, ON
- Director Regional Renal, Metabolic and Oncology Programs - Peterborough Regional Health Centre, Peterborough, ON
- Director, Finance - Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre,Toronto, ON
- Patient Care Coordinator / Registered Nurse, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre - University Health Network, Toronto, ON
- Vice President and Chief Operating Office - Health Quality Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Executive Lead, Elder Program - Northern Health, Prince George, BC
- Executive Lead, Perinatal Program - Northern Health, Prince George, BC
- Director, Contract Negotiations - Alberta Medical Association, Edmonton, AB
- Plus many more healthcare positions here