"Although more and faster care was clearly the policy priority at the beginning of this century, the focus of efforts to improve quality has since expanded to include the technical quality (appropriateness and effectiveness) of care and, to a lesser degree, the extent to which this care is patient-centred." Adalsteinn Brown discusses The Challenge of Quality Improvement at the System Level in the latest special issue of Healthcare Quarterly
A Paradox to be Outgrown: Moving From Doing Stuff to Providing True Value by Dr. Brendan Carr and Hugh Macleod. A shift on the expert side of the table. Have we become so scientific, mechanical and process driven that we missed what the customer values?
Off the Cuff
It’s a new year. Are you happy? Try this
Improving Health Equity for First Nations, Inuit and Métis People: Ontario’s Aboriginal Cancer Strategy II
Dr. Joshua Tepper is determined to improve Ontario's healthcare
Early Bird discount expires on Friday for the upcoming HealthcareRounds. Register Now:
February 11, 2015. Ways & Means: Health Links. Ministries report. Patients reflect. Providers enlighten. Experts analyse. An interactive conference to define the opportunities and consider the possibilities to better care.
Doctor, Shut up and Listen ...two out of every three patients are discharged from the hospital without even knowing their diagnosis.
HIROC Connection: Issue 34 Winter 2015
10 health IT trends for 2015
Healthcare Apps Keep German Software Developers in Good Shape
Longwoods to cover important news covering private sector movers and shakers - both organizations and individuals who work there. Prepared for online and then tweeted. Look for it. Send your bits and bytes to email@example.com
Just Released! Healthcare Quarterly, Volume 17 | Special Issue on Cancer Care Ontario. Free!
Last Week in Healthcare History
December 29, 1919: Sir William Osler dies at age 70
December 29, 1989: Canada becomes first country to ban smoking on all domestics airline flights.
December 29, 1992: BC Supreme Court denies terminally ill patient right to doctor assisted suicide.
January 1, 1959: National Hospital Insurance plan goes into effect in Ontario and Nova Scotia
January 1, 1961: National Hospital Insurance plan goes into effect in Quebec
January, 1, 1986: All tobacco advertising in newspapers and magazines banned.
Breakfast with the Chiefs – January 22, 2015
Dr. Jack Kitts, Dr. Barry McLellan, Dr. Kevin Smith and Leslee Thompson
Can innovation (1) improve care for patients (2) strengthen the healthcare system and (3) save money?
Sponsored by Cerner Canada; PwC; Orion Health; National Research Corporation, HIROC, Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement, and Rotman School of Management
Ways & Means: Health Links – REGISTER NOW – February 11, 2015. Ministries report. Patients reflect. Providers enlighten. Experts analyse. An interactive conference to define the opportunities and consider the possibilities to better care.
Join our Chairs:
Dr. Danielle Martin, Vice President, Medical Affairs and Health System Solutions, Women’s College Hospital and
Dr. Sacha Bhatia, Director of the Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care (WIHV) at Women’s College Hospital.
Sponsored by: RelayHealth, IBM, Covidien and HIROC
More Information here.
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
Patient Education as a Strategy for Provider Education and Engagement: A Case Study Using myJointReplacement.ca
Internationally Educated Health Professionals: Workforce Integration and Retention
A Foot in Both Camps: Graduate Voices at the Interface of Applied Health Services Research, Policy and Decision-making
Support and Access for Nursing Continuing Education in Canadian Work Environments
World Health and Population
The Effect of Community-Based Health Education Intervention on Management of Menstrual Hygiene among Rural Indian Adolescent Girls
January 20, 2015: Webinar. Managing Multimorbidities
January 28, 2015: Webinar. Analyzing Data Over Time for Quality Improvement
February 5, 2015: Toronto, ON. Perspectives in Competency Assessment
April 19-21, 2015: Richmond Hill, ON. 2015 HPCO Annual Conference
May 19-22, 2015: Toronto, ON. Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
May 26-27, 2015: Dartmouth, NS. The Atlantic Learning Exchange 2015
May 26-29, 2015: Ottawa, ON and Online. The Canadian Patient Safety Officer Course
May 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. Global Telehealth 2015.
June 15-16, 2015: Charlottetown, PE. National Health Leadership Conference
More | Send us your transitions.
- Roxane Pothakos to Pediatric RN Oncology, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, ON
- Dr. Khalil Sultanem to Site Lead, Head and Neck Disease, Rossy Cancer Network, Montreal, QC
- Dr. Mark Eisenberg to Director of MD and PhD Program, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Dr. Gustava Turecki to Chair, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Dr. Matthew Gilmour to Scientific Director General, National Public Health Laboratories, Ottawa, ON
- Dr. Catherine Zahn, CEO of CAMH to Member of the Order of Canada
- Lisa Brown, Executive Artistic Director and Founder of Workman Arts of CAMH, to Member of the Order of Canada
- Dr. Wendy Levinson, Professor of Medicine at the University of Toronto to Officer of the Order of Canada
- Alba Dicenso, Professor, School of Nursing, McMaster University to Member of the Order of Canada
- Robyn Tamblyn, James McGill Professor - Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University to Member of the Order of Canada
- Manager, Client Services - Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), London, ON
- Deputy Chief Coroner - Ontario Public Service, Toronto, ON
- Project Manager - API Scheduling Software - Headwaters Health Care Centre, Orangeville, ON
- Executive Director - Woodstock and Area Community Health Centre, Woodstock, ON
- Senior Communications Consultant - Halton Healthcare Services, Oakville, ON
- Creative Services & Content Manager - Halton Healthcare Services, Oakville, ON
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here
For our January Sale - All job postings are 50% Off
You can buy them now at the sale price and use them any time in the future