"Why should healthcare be different for different people depending on where they live?" Janet Knox, chief executive officer of the new Nova Scotia health authority
Off the Cuff
Life according to Crystal - Crystal Chin can’t remember a time when therapy wasn’t a constant in her childhood. Crystal has profound insights about growing up with a disability in a culture that values normalcy.
Foreign patients = revenue for hospitals? (Video)
Measles cases haven’t swayed Canadian anti-vaxxers, survey finds
COACH, Canada's Health Informatics Association, is looking for a Chief Executive Officer.
Remembering Dr. Cy Frank, CEO of Alberta Innovates - August 3, 1949 to March 5, 2015.
CAHSPR Conference: Learning from Each Other: Across disciplines, jurisdictions and generations
Published content on Longwoods.com authored in whole or part by Dr. Cy Frank:
Coffee is good for you, true or false? TRUE!, oh no wait, FALSE, huh?
Histopathologists find out the medical cause of natural deaths, rather than if someone died unnaturally, which is for a forensic pathologist to work out.
Healthcare providers may not follow best practices because they are busy, distracted by other patient issues or there are too many things to remember. Ideas for improvement can be found on page 26 of this report.
Last Week in Healthcare History
March 1, 1875: An eleven room house in downtown Toronto becomes first site for The Hospital of Sick Children
March 3, 1921: Drs. Banting and Best officially announce discovery of insulin.
March 7, 1949: Polio confirmed at the shores of Hudson Bay
Video: Why Canada's Healthcare System Needs to be Dragged into the 21st Century with Jeffrey Simpson
National Telemedicine Conference – April 27-28, 2015. Evolving the Future of Healthcare Delivery in Canada. Clinician-led case studies from across the country will provide hands-on, practical advice on how to plan, implement and manage Telemedicine programs.
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - email@example.com
Our Editors Recommend
Patient and Community Engagement: The Approach at University Health Network
Can Routine Collection of Patient Reported Outcome Data Actually Improve Person-Centered Health?
Choosing Your Partner for the PROM: A Review of Evidence on Patient-Reported Outcome Measures for Use in Primary and Community Care
The Slippery Slope of Nursing Regulation: Challenging Issues for Contemporary Nursing Practice in Canada
World Health and Population
The Association of Metabolic Syndrome with Alcohol Consumption among Urban Chinese
March 23-24, 2015: Toronto, ON. Canadian Hip Fracture Management Conference
March 26-27, 2015: Vancouver, BC. Canadian Obstetrical Malpractice Conference
March 27, 2015: Victoria, BC. Transforming Healthcare, Improving Care: Technology Showcase
April 19-21, 2015: Richmond Hill, ON. 2015 HPCO Annual Conference
April 24-25, 2015: Vancouver, BC. Thriving in Complexity: Physicians Enabling Transformational Change
April 27-28, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual National Telemedicine Conference
April 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual Activity Based Funding Conference
April 30, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual National Patient Relations Conference
May 7, 2015: Toronto, ON. MaRS HealthKick 2015
May 13-14, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual e-Medication Management Conference
May 19-22, 2015: Toronto, ON. Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
May 26-27, 2015: Dartmouth, NS. The Atlantic Learning Exchange 2015
May 26-29, 2015: Ottawa, ON and Online. The Canadian Patient Safety Officer Course
May 27-29, 2015: Toronto, ON. OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together 2015 Conference
May 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. Global Telehealth 2015
June 15-16, 2015: Charlottetown, PE. National Health Leadership Conference
June 15-19, 2015: Toronto, ON. Equipping community health system leaders for the future
More | Send us your transitions.
- Sarah Downey to President & CEO of Toronto East General Hospital, Toronto, ON
- Liliana Canadic to Vice President, Patient Care and Chief Nurse Executive, Georgian Bay General Hospital, ON
- Silvie Crawford to EVP & CNE, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, ON
- Lisa Bitonti-Bengert to Senior Manager, Health System Integration, Waterloo Wellington LHIN, Waterloo, ON
- Benoît Morin to head of the Centre intégré universitaire de la santé et des services sociaux de l'Ouest de l'Île-de-Montréal, Montreal, QC
- Dr. Werner Oberholzer to Board, Saskatchewan’s Health Quality Council, Saskatoon, SK
- Cheryl Craig to Board, Saskatchewan’s Health Quality Council, Saskatoon, SK
- Tom Kishchuk to Board, Saskatchewan’s Health Quality Council, Saskatoon, SK
- Beth Vachon to Board, Saskatchewan’s Health Quality Council, Saskatoon, SK
- Dr. Bharat Chawala to Chief of Staff, Ross Memorial Hospital, Lindsay, ON
- Kelly Kuru to Director, Collaboration Services, Canada Health Infoway, Toronto, ON
Follow us on Twitter and be notified of new jobs as soon as they are posted
- Study Manager, Experiences of Cancer Patients in Transition - Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, Toronto, ON
- Manager, National Infrastructure, Canadian Partnership for Tomorrow Project (CPTP) - Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, Toronto, ON
- Director, Knowledge Mobilization - Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, Toronto, ON
- Senior Director, Finance and Risk - Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), Mississauga, ON
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here