| Stay Connected
Sigmund Freud once said, "Love and work are the cornerstones of our humanness." Freud was perhaps one of the first to recognize the connection between work and mental health. The Business Case: Collaborating to Help Employees Maintain Their Mental Well-Being by Sari Sairanen, Deanna Matzanke and Doug Smeall
Cognitive systems have the potential to dramatically change healthcare in Canada by Barry Burk, Vice President, Healthcare Industry, IBM Canada Ltd.
Off The Cuff
It's Mental Health Week - May 2 - 8, 2016
Balance is the focus of Mental Health Week
Peace Bridge, Niagara Falls, CN Tower go green for Mental Health Week
Law Society approves new Mental Health Strategy
HealthcarePapers Vol. 11 Special Issue | Mental Health in the Workplace
The State of Child and Youth Mental Health in Canada: Past Problems and Future Fantasies - Wait times are long. Some wait times, for example, for dual diagnosis problems that include autistic spectrum disorder together with other mental illnesses, can be as long as two years. For more acute problems, wait times may be somewhat shorter.
Transforming Mental Health Services: Lessons from South Western Ontario
Child Health in Canada: Child and Youth Mental Health
Healthcare Quarterly Volume 19, Number 1: Special Focus on Brokering Information - The Experience of the Transition Support Office of MUHC
William Charnetski, Neil D. Fraser and Moderated by Michael B. Decter (video)
Catalyst for Collaboration, Improved Access & Commercialization of Health Innovations at Breakfast with the Chiefs, April 19, 2016.
Thursday, May 26, 2016 - Toronto, ON
8:00 am – 9:00 am (Join us for Breakfast at 7:30 am)
Dr. Samir Sinha and Dr. Duncan Sinclair with guest, Bessie Stallworthy
Topic: Where Do Older People and Concepts Like Healthy Ageing fit in with Current Health Reform Conversations?
Sponsored by: CFHI, IBM , and PwC
Watch Breakfast with the Chiefs' videos here
Become a member of the Longwoods’ HealthcareBoard, receive these benefits and more:
- 4 quarterly issues, available in HTML, PDF and Print of a journal of your choice
- Full online access to the Archive (Past Issues) including all articles ever published in the journal
- Citation tracking and reference links to full-text articles
- Ability to comment on any article
- The advantage of having password access to Longwoods.com from any computer anywhere
- Free access to Breakfast with the Chiefs at no cost and discounts all HealthcareRounds
Our Editors Recommend
More | Add your conference
- May 10, 17, 24, & 31 & June 14, 2016: ONLINE using Webex. Industrial Strength Privacy and Security Online Workshop
- May 6-7, 2016: Toronto, ON. Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QuIPS) Conference
- May 9-11, 2016: Toronto, ON. Annual Healthcare Supply Chain Conference
- May 9-12, 2016: Toronto, ON. 2016 CAHSPR Conference: A Learning Healthcare System: Let the Patient Revolution Begin!
- May 10-13, 2016: Ottawa, ON. ASPIRE, Advancing Safety for Patients in Residency Education
- May 13, 2016: Toronto, ON. Emergency Planning and Preparedness in Health Care Facilities
- May 13-14, 2016: Toronto, ON. 2016 Canadian Conference on Physician Leadership
- May 18, 2016: Toronto, ON. HIMSS Ontario Networking Social
- May 18, 2016: Ottawa, ON. HIMSS Ontario Networking Social
- May 18-19, 2016: Sioux Lookout, ON. PSEP – Canada, Become a Patient Safety Trainer
- May 25, 2016: Kitchener, ON. Waterloo Region MED TECH Bridging the Gap 2016
- May 31-June 3, 2016: Ottawa, ON. Canadian Patient Safety Officer Course
- June 5-7, 2016: Toronto, ON. 2016 OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together Conference
- June 6, 2016: Toronto, ON. Ryerson Information Night: Health-related Cirtificate and Degree Programs
- June 6-10, 2016: Toronto, ON. The Community Health Leadership Program: Equipping community health system leaders for the future
- June 6-7, 2016: Ottawa, ON. National Health Leadership Conference
- June 13-17, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 3
- June 21-22, 2016: Ottawa, ON. PSEP – Canada, Become a Patient Safety Trainer
- October 24-28, 2016: Toronto, ON. Dorothy Wylie Heath Leaders Institute
- Jennifer Quaglietta to Director, Patient Experience & Quality, North York General Hospital, Toronto, ON
- Cheryl A. Harrison to Vice President of Regional Programs, Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital, Orillia, ON.
- Cindy L. Kinnon to Executive Director, Catholic Family Services, Hamilton, ON.
- Ajanthy Gayathrie Arasaratnam to Director, Wellness and Support Services, Concordia University, Montreal, QC.
- Rosilee Peto to Manager, Patient Access (Victoria Hospital), London Health Sciences Centre, London, ON.
| Send us your transitions
Follow us on Twitter and be notified of new jobs as soon as they are posted