Follow us on Twitter and be notified of new jobs as soon as they are posted: Twitter.com/LongwoodsJobs
Healthcare Leadership and Nursing positions added daily on jobs.Longwoods.com. Click here to see them all or add your own positions.
“There were firemen everywhere . . . They were evacuating people both horizontally and vertically. It was totally surreal.” Learning the lessons of the deadly Sunnybrook blaze - Former hospital CEO Tom Closson recalls 1997 tragedy, pushes for long-term-care homes to have sprinklers and a plan for aggressive residents.
From the Longwoods Archives
Nurses and Workplace Violence: Nurses' Experiences of Verbal and Physical Abuse at Work
Findings indicated that nurses experience significant threat, frequently in the context of their work, at the hands of patients and their relatives; that verbal abuse is an almost daily occurrence; and that support from other healthcare professionals or from administration in addressing the issue, while improving somewhat, is inadequate
Evaluating Nursing Staff Mix in Long-Term Care: A Comprehensive Framework for Decision-Makers
"Effective HHR management is the cornerstone of a high-quality, efficient, publicly funded healthcare system" ... Ensuring this solid foundation can be hugely challenging, however, in the context of an aging and shrinking labour force, a greying population and budgetary constraints.
Broadening the Patient Safety Agenda to Include Safety in Long-Term Care
LTC requires a balance between protecting the rights of the resident and ensuring public safety. Similarly, a balance is needed between ensuring that residents are safe and that their quality of life (QOL) is not being adversely affected by the safety measures being put into place. It is important to examine both the effects of safety interventions on the incidence of adverse events and the impact of those interventions on residents' QOL.
The downside of work in Canadian long-term care facilities
A new study led by York University researchers reveals that a staggering number of Canadians working in long-term care facilities suffer violence on the job.
The study found that 43 per cent of personal support workers endure physical violence at work on a daily basis, while another 25 per cent face such violence every week. Most of the workers are women, and many are immigrants or from marginalized racial groups.
Subscribe to any of the Longwoods Journals here
HEALTH ANALYTICS & BIG DATA | March 25, 2014 Early Bird Registration Ends in 10 DAYS! Join Chair, John P. Hoyt, Executive Vice President at HIMSS Analytics, with speakers Dr. Larry Garber, from an Massachusetts HIMSS Stage 7 Org, and Dennis Giokas, Chief Technology Officer at Canada Health Infoway; plus many more…. to explore big data and prove its case in healthcare. Learn more here.
Produced by Longwoods, HIMSSAnalytics, Rotman School of Business, Astellas Pharma and Deloitte
- Ian Sinclair to Vice President, Facilities and Capital Development, Bridgepoint Health, Toronto, ON
- Max Hendricks to Deputy Minister of Health, Government of Saskatchewan, Regina, SK
- Allan Katz to President and CEO, Riverside Health Care, Fort Frances, ON
- Susan Fleck to Site Leader, Mount Saint Joseph Hospital, Vancouver, BC
- Fiona McDougall to Director, Health Links, St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Toronto, ON
- Vanessa Ambtman-Smith to Aboriginal Health Lead, South West LHIN, London, ON
- Gerald McDole to Chairman of the Board, Cipher Pharmaceuticals, Mississauga, ON
- Ruth Martin to Associate Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, Western, London, ON
- Dr. James G. Martin to Chair, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Dr. Shari Baum to Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Dr. John Moran to Chief Medical Officer, ProMetic Life Sciences, Laval, QC
- Dr. Louise Ayotte to Director of Professional and Hospital Services, West Island Health and Social Services, Pointe-Claire, QC
- Chris Kelsey to Board Chair, St. Joseph’s General Hospital, Comox, BC
- Patti Fletcher to Board Vice-Chair, St. Joseph’s General Hospital, Comox, BC
Don’t forget; we don’t make these up. Please send your promotions, appointments, retirements and other transitions to email@example.com
. Our transitions come from sources we believe to be reliable. We do not guarantee that they are correct. But we are rarely wrong.
- Rehab Consultant - Baycrest, Toronto, ON
- Clinical Director, ABI - West Park Healthcare Centre, Toronto, ON
- Three Program Directors - Peterborough Regional Health Centre, Peterborough, ON
- Chief, Clinical Quality - Health Quality Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Data Architect - Bayshore Specialty Rx, Mississauga, ON
- Chief of Medical And Academic Affairs/Chief of Staff - Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston, ON
- Patient Care Manager, Acute Care Inpatient Unit - Northern Regional Health Authority, The Pas, MB
- Professional Conduct Review Consultant - College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- Plus lots of Nurse jobs in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia
- Many more healthcare positions here
Our busy careers site, jobs.Longwoods.com
, is the ideal place to advertise positions in healthcare. This site is not only Canada wide, but world wide, and is exclusively for the healthcare profession. Hundreds of healthcare recruiters use the site to recruit top candidates and close to a thousand job seekers are registered users. Hundreds of thousands of visitors to this site make it the most popular page on Longwoods
on Twitter and see the jobs as soon as they are posted: Twitter.com/LongwoodsJobs