"Will patients battling cancer want to be treated by physicians who practice euthanasia and are possibly more concerned about health care costs rather than the value of human life?" The Coalition of Physicians for Social Justice
Off the Cuff
Supreme Court strikes down assisted suicide ban
5 key points about the Supreme Court ruling on doctor-assisted suicide
CMA examining Supreme Court ruling striking down ban on doctor-assisted death
Physician-Assisted Death | HealthcarePapers Vol.14 No1, 2014
Support the New Dr. Kathryn Hannah Nursing Informatics Scholarship
The Canadian nursing informatics community and the Canadian Nurses Foundation are partnering to establish the new Dr. Kathryn J. Hannah Nursing Informatics Scholarship, as a tribute to the health informatics leader and innovator. The annual scholarship, to be awarded to a nurse pursuing graduate studies to continue to advance leadership and innovation in nursing informatics and innovation, will be launched at the Canadian Health Informatics Awards Gala during e-Health 2015 June 2, 2015. Donations are needed for the scholarship; this is an excellent way to honour Kathryn and demonstrate support for nursing informatics. To make a donation, please follow the instructions on the Canadian Nursing Informatics Association (CNIA) website.
Interested in becoming a member of the Cancer Quality Council of Ontario? The CQCO is searching for candidates with demonstrated governance and oversight experience, a background in a community setting, oncology nursing expertise and/or be able to bring personal experience with cancer.
Not feeling on top of your game today? Don’t forget that NASA engineers asked astronaut Sally Ride if 100 tampons was the right number for a one-week mission? Context Is Everything or How Could I Have Been That Stupid? Healthcare Quarterly 2012.
Dr. William Gahl is one of the last, best hopes for people suffering from rare, debilitating, and undiagnosed medical conditions. Lara Logan reports. Watch video
How to Translate Health Research Knowledge ...
How to Get There - Evidence-based Nursing Practice:
How to Set the World on Fire
How to Summarize a 6,000-Word Paper in a Six-Minute Video Clip ...
How to stay safe in hospital :: Longwoods.com
How to Define and Measure Hospital Quality... From Boardroom to Bedside:
How to incorporate Inter-professional Education (IPE) into Health Sciences programs ...
How to Recruit a High-Performing Hospital Board :: Longwoods.com
SOLD OUT - Ways & Means: Health Links – February 26, 2015. Ministries report. Patients reflect. Providers enlighten. Experts analyse. An interactive conference to define the opportunities and consider the possibilities to better care.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organization and email address to be added to the waitlist.
Sponsored by: Health Quality Ontario, RelayHealth, IBM, Covidien, Medtronic and HIROC
More Information here.
Breakfast with the Chiefs - Register here - Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Stronger Together - Cancer Care Ontario’s focus on QUALITY, PERFORMANCE AND PARTNERSHIP puts patients and the public at the centre
Speakers: Michael Sherar, Dr. Catherine Zahn and Adalsteinn D. Brown
Sponsored by: HIROC and Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - email@example.com
Our Editors Recommend
Legal Developments in End-of-Life Issues
Whose Death Is It Anyway? Perspectives on End-of-Life in Canada
Factors Associated with End-of-Life Health Service Use in Patients Dying of Cancer
An Analysis of The Nurse Practitioner Role in Palliative Care
World Health and Population
End-of-Life Decisions - Some International Comparisons
February 10 & 17, 2015: Online: ePrivacy Essentials
February 18 & 25 2015: Online: Patient Engagement: The Rx for Healthcare Transformation
February 19, 2015: Online: Software 101 for eHealth Professionals: Essential Concepts
February 23-28, 2015: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program at Rotman School of Management
February 24, 2015: Whitby, ON. Ontario Shores Research Day
February 25-26, 2015: Vancouver, BC. National Canadian Forensic Nursing Conference
February 26, 2015: Toronto, ON. Ways and Means: Health Links
March 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2015: Online: Health Informatics Bootcamp 2
March 9-10 2015: Toronto, ON. The Change Foundation Capstone Summit
March 9-11, 2015: Toronto, ON. The Baycrest Rotman Research Institute Conference – 25 Years of Brain and Aging
April 1 & 8, 2015: Online: Health Informatics Bootcamp 2
April 19-21, 2015: Richmond Hill, ON. 2015 HPCO Annual Conference
April 24-25, 2015: Vancouver, BC. Thriving in Complexity: Physicians Enabling Transformational Change
April 27-28 2015: Toronto, ON. National Telemedicine Conference
April 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual Activity Based Funding Conference
May 19-22, 2015: Toronto, ON. Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
May 26-27, 2015: Dartmouth, NS. The Atlantic Learning Exchange 2015
May 26-29, 2015: Ottawa, ON and Online. The Canadian Patient Safety Officer Course
May 27-29, 2015: Toronto, ON. OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together 2015 Conference
May 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. Global Telehealth 2015
June 15-16, 2015: Charlottetown, PE. National Health Leadership Conference
More | Send us your transitions.
- Marlies Van Dijk to Provincial Implementation Lead, Alberta Health Services, Edmonton AB.
- Susan Taylor to Director, Quality Improvement Program Delivery, Health Quality Ontario, Toronto, ON
- George Georgiadis to Chief Information Officer, Sinai Health System, Toronto, ON
- Jillian Paul to Assistant Director, Health Quality Branch, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Toronto, ON
- Jérémy Stevenson to President and CEO, Mattawa Hospital and Administrator, Algonquin Nursing Home, Mattawa, ON
- Dr. Melissa Forbes to Chief of Staff, Almonte General Hospital, Mississippi Mills, ON
- Dr. Jim Lewis to Clinical Research Training Director, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western, London, ON
- Ron Sapsford to retire as CEO, Ontario Medical Association, Toronto, ON
- Elizabeth Flower to National Director of Research, Kidney Foundation of Canada, Montreal, QC
- Kerry Eaton to CEO, Brainworks, London, ON
- Dr. Dhun Noria, The Scarborough Hospital’s Chief of Laboratory Medicine, Receives Order of Ontario, Scarborough, ON
- Dr. Matshidiso Rebecca Moeti to Regional Director for Africa, World Health Organization, Geneva, CH
- Executive Medical Director – Macro Geographic Area 4, Island Health, Victoria, BC
- Director of Public Health - Municipality of Chatham-Kent, Chatham-Kent, ON
- Vice-President, Pharmaceutical Reviews - CADTH, Ottawa, ON
- Program Director, Women and Children’s - Rouge Valley Health System, Scarborough, ON
- Regional V.P., Cancer Services - Windsor Regional Hospita, Windsor, ON
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here