"I do not ever again want to see this organization (WHO) faced with a situation it is not prepared, staffed, funded, or administratively set up to manage," - Margaret Chan, Director-General, WHO.
by Robert G. Evans. ..."the instant media amplification of protest, make it hard to imagine any cool, laboratory-based, scientific rethink of immunization policy. There is always more to learn, particularly when things do not work out as planned. But for now, get the shot.
Off the Cuff
2015 World Family Doctor Day #FamilyDoctorDay
Have you ever thought: "why doesn't Longwoods do. . . "
We would like to hear about it . Are we adequately covering Healthcare issues? Should we add related news that covers science, health technology, politics, business, issues related to aging or disease states or other sectors? Let me know what you really think. Just write me directly: email@example.com
Are you on LinkedIn? Join the Longwoods Linkedin group to stay up-to-date on healthcare career postings, Breakfast with the Chiefs plus more regular updates.
OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together 2015 Conference, May 27-29, 2015
Last Week in Healthcare History
May 10, 1958: Saskatchewan Cancer and Medical Research Institute opens.
May 11, 2000: Health Care Protection Act passes
May 11, 1839: College of Physicians and Surgeons of Upper Canada founded
May 12, 1971: New Brunswick becomes last province to sign on with Medicare.
May 14, 2003: Toronto declared free of SARS by WHO
Mental Health in the Hospital Setting Conference – Toronto, May 21-22, 2015. Effectively assessing and managing the continuing care of mental health patients in hospitals across Canada.
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
Emergency Department Overcrowding and Long Wait Times: Taking a Corporate Approach to Improving Patient Flow
Identifying High Users of Healthcare in British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba
Barriers and Facilitators to Family Planning Access in Canada
Leading Healthcare in Complexity
World Health and Population
"Social Marketing" for Early Neonatal Care: Saving Newborn Lives in Pakistan
May 19-22, 2015: Toronto, ON. Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
- Dave Mackey to Director, Community Supports at HealthForceOntario Marketing and Recruitment Agency, Toronto, ON
- Fred Crooks to Chief Regulatory Officer, Office of Regulatory Affairs and Service Effectiveness, Government of Nova Scotia, Halifax, NS
- Steve Lawrence to National Business Development Executive, McKesson Technology Solutions, Saint-Laurent, QC
- Dr. Andrea Stewart to Associate Program Director, Psychiatry Training Program, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
- Dr. Christopher O’Brien to Chief of Staff, Brant Community Healthcare System, Brantford, ON
- Lori Lamont to interim President and CEO, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, Winnipeg, MB
- Heather Hepworth to Dean, Health and Human Services, College of the Rockies, Cranbrook, BC
- Director, Surgical Services - Cambridge Memorial Hospital. Cambridge, ON
- Director of Financial Health and Accountability - North Simcoe Muskoka LHIN, Orillia, ON
- Executive Director, Finance - South District Health Board, Dunedin, NZ
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here