"Encouraging men to make some changes in their lifestyle is helping to prevent up to 70% of these problems without adding another doctor or hospital to the health care system." Poor Health Among Men Costs Canada $36.9 Billion a Year.
Aging in the Right Place is What Seniors Need - The family home as the best place to stay may not be true for all. By Arlene Adamson.
Off the Cuff
No Global Health without Human Resources For Health (HRH): The Nursing Lens - Special to Canadian Journal of Nursing Leadership
HealthcarePapers Vol. 11 No. 1 2011 | Evidence-Based Policy Prescription for an Aging Population – Free Access for 1 week
“…a new continuing care act could be developed in consultation with the provinces. Other options would be to develop protocols, guidelines and standards for continuing care through the Social Union Framework Agreement or to have the upcoming federal/provincial health accord mandate, and focus on, continuing care.” By Neena L. Chappell and Marcus J. Hollander
Commentary by Robert Evans, Samir Sinha, Magaret MacAdam, Judith Shamian and others.
This is the second annual Canadian Men’s Health Week. The goal is to inspire men to make small changes in their lifestyle to live healthier lives through a simple one-click health pledge.
MERS outbreak: 3 lessons Canada learned from SARS
Health Minister ‘outraged’ by Supreme Court ruling on medical marijuana
Government of Canada announces project promoting social inclusion of seniors and marks World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
CIHI Data Shows Ontario Long-Term Care Homes Making Progress in Key Care Measures
Attention Recruiters! Book your postings for Jobs.Longwoods.com NOW and Save 50% per posting!
Last Week in Healthcare History
June 7, 2009: Sarah Kramer forced to resign as CEO of eHealth Ontario
June 8, 2012: Quebec launches $60 billion lawsuit against big tobacco
June 9, 1832: Asian Cholera reaches Quebec
June 12, 1986: Ontario MD’s strike, protesting ban on extra-billing
June 13, 1913: Toronto General Hospital moves to College St.
Breakfast with the Chiefs
Jeff Lozon, Christina Bisanz and Camille Orridge
Integrating with Long term care. Now is the time
Watch more Breakfast with the Chiefs' videos here
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
Influenza Immunization Data: Can We Make Order Out of Chaos?
A Framework for Community-Oriented Primary Healthcare
Developing an Orientation Toolkit for New Public Health Nurse Hires for Ontario's Changing Landscape of Public Health Practice
World Health and Population
Who Receives Healthcare? Age and Sex Differentials in Adult Use of Healthcare Services in Rural Bangladesh
- June 15-19, 2015: Toronto, ON. Equipping community health system leaders for the future
- June 16 & 23, 2015: Online: Digital Health: Canadian Status Report Update & Important Next Steps
- June 18 & 25; July 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30, 2015: Online: Health Informatics Bootcamp 2 - The Challenges in Advancing eHealth
- September 22-24, 2015: Edmonton, AB. Networks as Interventions: Policy Tool or Panacea?
- September 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. PSEP – Canada Become a Patient Safety Trainer Conference
- October 26-30, 2015: Across Canada. Canadian Patient Safety Week
- Brigadier-General Hugh Colin MacKay to Surgeon General, Canadian Armed Forces, Ottawa, ON
- Robert Halpenny to resign, Chief Executive Officer, Interior Health, Kelowna, BC
- Trish Matthews to Manager, Office of the President and CEO, Rouge Valley Health System, Scarborough, ON
- Denis Bourguignon to Chief Financial Officer, Faculty of Health Sciences, Queens University, Kingston, ON
- Lori Lamont to Interim President and CEO, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, Winnipeg, MB
- Mary Anne Lynch to Acting VP Interprofessional Practice and CNO, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, Winnipeg, MB
- Garry Laws to Executive Director, Addictions and Mental Health Services – Hastings Prince Edward, Belleville, ON
- Dr. Carolyn Gotay to Research Advisory Council, Prostate Cancer Canada, Toronto, ON
- John Beckett re-appointed to the Council of Governors of the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), Ottawa, ON
- Kevin Magee to the Board of Directors, Brant Community Healthcare System, Brantford, ON
- Bonnie Stevens selected as fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, Washington, DC
- Lynn Nagle selected as fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, Washington, DC
- Lianne Jeffs selected as fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, Washington, DC
- Louise Rose selected as fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, Washington, DC
Attention Recruiters! Book your postings for Jobs.Longwoods.com NOW and save 50% per posting!
Buy the postings now and they will stay in your account until you are ready to post a job. You can post the prepaid ads at any time. Click here for more information
- President and Chief Executive Officer - Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre & Thunder Bay Regional Research Institute, Thunder Bay, ON
- Manager, Clinical Operations Readiness/Transition - Cambridge Memorial Hospital, Cambridge, ON
- Implementation Specialist - Regional Geriatric Program - Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Project and Quality Manager, Women and Children’s Health - Rouge Valley Health System, Scarborough, ON
- Executive Director - Canadian Dental Regulatory Authorities Federation, Toronto, ON
- Manager, IT Applications - St. Joseph's Health Centre, Toronto, ON
- Director, Professional Practice - Grand River Hospital, Kitchener, ON
- Director of Primary Care - Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre, Kitchener, ON
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here