“Physicians will leave ... because they’ll see Canada as not very attractive. Particularly in Ontario ... Why do we want to stay here and be public enemy number one?” Ray Foley, executive director of the Ontario Association of Radiologists, predicting thousands of doctors could leave for U.S. over new federal tax hikes
Emotional Courage: Reversing Gravitational Pulls That Subvert Real System Change by Hugh MacLeod
Why it is difficult to have performance improvement changes in healthcare notwithstanding the availability of financial firepower, requisite skills, influence and determination? The answer is a know-do gap ~ the significant difference between knowledge on leadership and what the leaders do.
Off The Cuff
Book Launch tomorrow morning - Patient Engagement: Catalyzing Improvement and Innovation in Healthcare
With G. Ross Baker, Maria Judd and Christine Maika
Join Us to Pick up your Discounted Copy of the New Book!
Register for event or Pre-Purchase copy
Some doctors have tax complaint – but they’re off-base - André Picard
Doctors ramping up potential job action
Federal Liberals eye tax on private health and dental plans, a move that would take in about $2.9B
Liberals face revolt if proposed health tax used to pay down their own burgeoning deficits
Vancouver doctor pens letter to patients asking for cash to help him retire with regular contributions
Canada needs 'defined model' of universal pharmacare, citizen panel urges
Family Caregiver stress peaks during the holiday season
Ottawa to regulate 6 chemicals used to make fentanyl
: The Manitoba First Nations Centre for Aboriginal Health Research: Knowledge Translation with Indigenous Communities
Health and Health Care Implications of Systemic Racism on Indigenous Peoples in Canada
Lost in Maps: Regionalization and Indigenous Health Services
The 2017 Longwoods' Online Media Kit is ready – please download it here
Breakfast with the Chiefs
Wednesday, December 07, 2016
G. Ross Baker, Patricia O'Connor, Petrina McGrath and Maria Judd
: Patient Engagement - Catalyzing Improvement and Innovation in Healthcare
The Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning, 2nd Floor Auditorium, 686 Bay Street, Toronto, ON
, and SickKids
. This event is open to the public, anyone can register for free.
Upcoming Speakers for Breakfast with the Chiefs include:
, Chairman and CEO, Medtronic
, VP Medical Affairs and Health System Solutions, Women's College Hospital and Maureen O'Neil
, President and CEO, Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement
Sign up here
to be notified when dates are confirmed.
Our Editors Recommend
Increasing Primary Care Access Close to Home for Residents of Remote Communities in Northern Alberta
A. Alison Ross, Tracey L. Yap, Johan van der Nest, Keith Martin and Alison H. Edie
Parallel Payers and Preferred Access: How Canada's Workers' Compensation Boards Expedite Care for Injured and Ill Workers
Jeremiah Hurley, Dianna Pasic, John N. Lavis, Anthony J. Culyer, Cameron Mustard and William Gnam
Barriers and Facilitators to Family Planning Access in Canada
Jennifer Hulme, Sheila Dunn, Edith Guilbert, Judith Soon and Wendy Norman
Utilization of Nurse Practitioners to Increase Patient Access to Primary Healthcare in Canada – Thinking Outside the Box
Alba DiCenso, Ivy Bourgeault, Julia Abelson, Ruth Martin-Misener, Sharon Kaasalainen, Nancy Carter, Patricia Harbman, Faith Donald, Denise Bryant-Lukosius and Kelley Kilpatrick
World Health and Population
Improving Access to Care among Underserved Populations: The Role of Health Workforce Data in Health Workforce Policy, Planning and Practice
Jennifer Wesson, Pamela McQuide, Claire Viadro, Maritza Titus, Norbert Forster, Daren Trudeau and Maureen Corbett
- December 8-9, 2016: Toronto, ON. 5th National Summit on Data Analytics for Healthcare
- January 31-February 1, 2017: Vancouver, BC. IoT, Big Data Healthcare Summit Western Canada
- February 13-17, 2017: Toronto, ON. National Institute on Nursing Informatics
- February 27-March 3, 2017 (Module I): Toronto, ON. Rotman Advanced Health Leadership Program.
- April 24-28, 2017 (Module II): Toronto, ON. Rotman Advanced Health Leadership Program.
- June 3, 2017: Toronto, ON. CNIA-ONIG Conference
- June 12-16, 2017 (Module III): Toronto, ON. Rotman Advanced Health Leadership Program.
More | Add your conference
- Carey Lucki, to Chief Executive Officer, Circle of Care and Vice President, Sinai Health System, Toronto, ON
- Steven J.Hoffman to Scientific Director, CIHR’s Institute of Population and Public Health, Ottawa, ON
- Pamela Fralick to President, Innovative Medicines Canada, Ottawa, ON
- Shane Sabatino to President of TELUS Sourcing Solutions (TSSI), Edmonton, AB
- Barbara Jones to Director, Nursing Innovation, at the Registered Practical Nurses Association (RPNAO) of Ontario, Toronto, ON
- William Adair received Meritorious Service Medal from the Governor General of Canada for leading the Spinal Cord Injury Ontario for 20 years.
- Richard James Armstrong received Meritorious Service Medal from the Governor General of Canada for founding the Ontario Association of Paramedic Chiefs.
- Dr. Edward Brown received Meritorious Service Medal from the Governor General of Canada for developing the Ontario Telemedicine Network.
- Robert Wendell Clarke received Meritorious Service Medal from the Governor General of Canada for developing A Caregiver’s Guide: A handbook about end-of-life care.
- Sabina Nuti appointed to European Commission panel of independent experts working on “Effective Ways of Investing in Health”.
- Mahsa Sadeghi to Manager, Surgical Performance Improvement, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON
- Hakim Lakhani to Director Process Improvement, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston MA
- Scott Wooder to Council, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Sara Simone to Senior Director, Education Program, Ontario Hospital Association, Toronto, ON
- Doug McGregor to Board Chair, Quinte Health Care, Belleville, ON
- Jennifer Walker to Canada Research Chair of Indigenous Health, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON
- Kelly Burak to Associate Dean, Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
British Columbia needs Nurses!
- Vice President, Patient Care & Quality - St. Joseph’s Health Care London, London, ON
- Senior Program Consultant, Laboratories & Genetics - Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Director Quality Improvement, Program Delivery - Health Quality Ontario, Toronto, ON
- Regional Director, Community Care - Toronto Central Community Care Access Centre, Toronto, ON
- Postdoctoral Fellowship - The Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, Toronto, ON
- Nurse Practitioner – Palliative - Central Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), Richmond Hill, ON
Multiple nursing jobs at Provincial Health Services Authority
Multiple nursing jobs at Fraser Health
Multiple nursing jobs at Interior Health
Multiple nursing jobs at Vancouver Coastal Health
Follow us on Twitter and be notified of new jobs as soon as they are posted
100+ career opportunities
Post a position
Longwoods.com readers include Allied Health professionals. These are people involved with the delivery of health or related services pertaining to the identification, evaluation and prevention of diseases and disorders; dietary and nutrition services; rehabilitation and health systems management; this includes dental hygienists, diagnostic medical sonographers, dieticians, medical technologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, radiographers, respiratory therapists, and speech language pathologists. Post your job ads here.