‘How can we take nurses seriously when they are dressed in pyjamas?’ Caroline Porr, a nursing professor at Memorial University of Newfoundland quoting a question from a pharmacist.
Several years ago, a nurse manager described her interaction with a registered nurse working in an ICU dressed in an outfit that might otherwise be described as beach ready. The nurse's response to a challenge that this might not be appropriate attire for the clinical work setting was: "Surely you don't expect me to dress like you?" Is There Unity in An Image? by Lynn Nagle
Off the Cuff
Child Health 2010 – 2013 – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Longwoods' Top 10 List
Strengths-Based Nursing Care: the principles
Penn researchers model neural structures on the smallest scales to better understand traumatic brain injury
Strengths-Based Nursing Care: the book
Payment Methods Key to Healthcare Team Success
Three Children Die - A Deadly Fungus and Questions at a Hospital
Designing Distuptive Learning Technologies. Was this a test? Does it suggest an essay on errors? Have a look and let me know. Wow, a distuptive but frequent flyer
What happened in Healthcare History this past week?
Interested in sponsoring the Canadian Obesity Summit? Check this out.
- April 27, 1999, Scientists from Nexia Biotechnologies in Montreal clone goats
- May 1, 1822, Montreal General Hospital Opened with 80 patients.
- May 1, 1998, Partie Québécois advisor David Levine was named head of newly amalgamated Ottawa Hospital.
- May 2, 1986, Canada's first artificial heart transplant was performed at the Ottawa Civic Hospital. The 41-year-old patient, Noella Leclair, received a human heart a week later.
- May 3, 1959, Founder of the sisters of Charity of the General Hospital of Montreal, Mother Marguerite d’Youville became the first Canadian to be beatified.
Our Editors Recommend
All-Cause Readmission to Acute Care for Cancer Patients
Quality Councils as Health System Performance and Accountability Mechanisms: The Cancer Quality Council of Ontario Experience
Access to Cancer Drugs in Canada: Looking Beyond Coverage Decisions
Canadian Oncology Nurse Work Environments: Part II
World Health and Population
Sustainability of Cancer Registration in the Kilimanjaro Region of Tanzania - A Qualitative Assessment
More | Add your conference
- May 12, 2014: Toronto, ON. Dr. Danielle Martin on How to Build A Better Health-Care System
- May 12, 2014: Toronto, ON. Health Data Users Day
- May 12, 2014: Toronto, ON. ARCC Conference 2014: Canada’s Applied Research in Cancer Control Conference
- May 13-14, 2014: Toronto, ON. Human Resources Strategies for Healthcare
- May 13-15, 2014: Toronto, ON. 2014 CAHSPR Conference: Convergence of Health Policy and Evidence – Bridge Over Troubled Water
- May 14, 21, 28 & June 4, 11, 2014: Online: H4IT: Current Controversies in Health Care, Health Informatics and eHealth
- May 15-16, 2014: Toronto, ON. Creating Strategic Change in Canadian Healthcare
- May 20-23, 2014: Toronto, ON. The Dorothy Wylie Nursing / Health Leaders Institute
- May 21-22, 2014: Edmonton, AB. Western Health Summit 2014
- May 22, 2014: Toronto, ON. SOG Education Day Event
- May 29-30 2014: Toronto, ON. e-Medication Management Conference
- May 29 & June 5, 2014: Online: eHealth Strategies & Electronic Health Records
- June 2-3, 2014: Banff, AB. National Health Leadership Conference
- June 8-10, 2014: Toronto, ON. OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together 2014 Conference
- June 12-13, 2014: Toronto, ON. Emergency Department Management Conference
- July 14-16, 2014: Halifax, NS. Health Technology Assessment for Decision Makers
More | Send us your transitions.
- Dr. Lori West to Governing Council, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Ottawa, ON
- Audrey McFarlane to Board of Directors, Canadian Centre for Substance Abuse, Ottawa, ON
- Dr. Mohit Kapoor to Scientist, Division of Genetics and Development, Toronto Western Research Institute, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Carmen Loiselle to Co-Director Strategic Orientation / Academic, Segal Cancer Centre, Montreal, QC
- Dr. Jeff Prchal to Interim Clinical Lead, Rossy Cancer Network, Montreal, QC
- Executive Director - The Credit Valley Family Health Team (CVFHT), Mississauga, ON
- Manager, Operating Rooms & Cystoscopy Suite - Humber River Hospital, Downsview, ON
- Manager, Ambulatory Clinics - Humber River Hospital, Downsview, ON
- Senior Health Informatics Analyst - Trillium Gift of Life Network, Toronto, ON
- Lead, Strategic Initiatives, Shared Care - Doctors of BC, Vancouver, BC
- Chief of Staff - Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH), Burlington, ON
- Nurse Manager, Combined Surgical Unit - Toronto Western Hospital University Health Network, Toronto, ON
- General Manager - Hospital Diagnostic Imaging Repository Services (HDIRS), Markham, ON
- Site Chief, Surgery, Brampton Civic Hospital - William Osler Health System, Brampton/Etobicoke, ON
- Corporate Chief, Anaesthesia and Co-Medical Director, Surgical Services - William Osler Health System, Brampton/Etobicoke, ON
- And, lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Ontario
- Plus many more healthcare positions here