"There are some professions with an expectation you might encounter violence in your working day. A soldier in wartime. A police officer. A nightclub bouncer. A nurse." Healthcare workplace violence is epidemic
Understanding organizational and health system spaces by Hugh MacLeod
The third essay in the Ghost of Healthcare Hope series
Off the Cuff
Leveraging Integration Engines for Strategic Data Sharing under Value-Based Care
Province Passes Legislation to Strengthen Accountability
The report, End-of-Life Health Care in Ontario, is an exhaustive analysis involving multiple studies.
Access to palliative care needed for all those nearing end of life, says report
Is this the future for nursing homes? A ‘dementia village’ in the Netherlands is changing the way we think about care and aging
Last Week in Healthcare History
December 7, 1907 – Canada starts selling Christmas seals to help in fight against tuberculosis.
December 8, 1917 – First group of doctor’s, nurses and supplies reach Halifax to aid after the Halifax explosion.
December 10, 1987 – First recorded death in Canada from eating tainted mussels.
Breakfast with the Chiefs – January 22, 2015
Dr. Jack Kitts, Dr. Barry McLellan, Dr. Kevin Smith and Leslee Thompson
Can innovation (1) improve care for patients (2) strengthen the healthcare system and (3) save money?
Sponsored by Cerner Canada; PwC; Orion Health; National Research Corporation, HIROC, Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement, and Rotman School of Management
REGISTER NOW – February 11, 2015. Ways & Means: Health Links – Ministries report. Patients reflect. Providers enlighten. Experts analyse. An interactive conference to define the opportunities and consider the possibilities to better care.
Join our Chairs:
Dr. Danielle Martin, Vice President, Medical Affairs and Health System Solutions, Women’s College Hospital and
Dr. Sacha Bhatia, Director of the Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care (WIHV) at Women’s College Hospital.
Sponsored by: RelayHealth, Covidien and HIROC
More Information here.
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - email@example.com
Our Editors Recommend
Improving Safety: Engaging With Patients and Families Makes a Difference!
Time for an Open and Frank Conversation
Gaps in Primary Healthcare Electronic Medical Record Research and Knowledge:Findings of a Pan-Canadian Study
The Research to Action Project: Applied Workplace Solutions for Nurses
World Health and Population
A Qualitative Assessment of the Iraqi Primary Healthcare System
Until December 31, 2014: Online: NIHI On Demand Online Education
January 20, 2015: Webinar. Managing Multimorbidities
January 28, 2015: Webinar. Analyzing Data Over Time for Quality Improvement
February 5, 2015: Toronto, ON. Perspectives in Competency Assessment
April 19-21, 2015: Richmond Hill, ON. 2015 HPCO Annual Conference - Call for abstracts deadline, November 17, 2014
May 19-22, 2015: Toronto, ON. Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
May 26-27, 2015: Dartmouth, NS. The Atlantic Learning Exchange 2015
May 26-29, 2015: Ottawa, ON and Online. The Canadian Patient Safety Officer Course
May 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. Global Telehealth 2015
June 15-16, 2015: Charlottetown, PE. National Health Leadership Conference
More | Send us your transitions.
- Dr. Arthur S. Slutsky, Vice-President of Research at the St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto, has received the 2014 Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Health Researcher of the Year award
- Steven Orsini is now referred to as Secretary Orsini in light of his appointment to Ontario’s Secretary of the Cabinet, Clerk of the Executive Council and Head of the Ontario Public Service.
- Dr. Thierry Alcindor to Gastro-Intestinal Disease Site Lead, Rossy Cancer Network, Montreal, QC
- Brigadier-General Jean-Robert Bernier to Chair Military Mental Health, The Canadian Military, Ottawa, ON
- Dr. David Anderson to Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- Catherine Gaulton to VP, Quality and System Performance, Nova Scotia Provincial Health Authority, Halifax, NS
- Dr. Lynne Harrigan to VP, Medicine and Integrated health services, Nova Scotia Provincial Health Authority, Halifax, NS
- Paula Bond to VP, Integrated health services program care, Nova Scotia Provincial Health Authority, Halifax, NS
- Tim Guest to VP, Integrated health services program care, Nova Scotia Provincial Health Authority, Halifax, NS
- Tricia Cochrane to VP, Integrated health services program primary health care and population health, Nova Scotia Provincial Health Authority, Halifax, NS
- Lindsay Peach to VP, Integrated health services community support and management, Nova Scotia Provincial Health Authority, Halifax, NS
- Allan Horsburgh to VP, stewardship and accountability, Nova Scotia Provincial Health Authority, Halifax, NS
- Dr. Karen Semchuk to Director of Professional Practice, Sunrise Health Region, Yorkton, SK
- Director, Person-Centred Perspective - Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, Toronto, ON
- Assistant or Associate Professor, Health Administration - Three Year Term Faculty Position - Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy, University of Saskatchewan and University of Regina, Saskatoon, SK
- VP of Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) - Hanover & District Hospital, Hanover, ON
- Vice President, Integrated Health Services - Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region, Regina, SK
- President & CEO - Markham Stouffville Hospital, Markham, ON
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner - Algoma Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Chief Executive Officer - Safehaven, Toronto, ON
- And, a number of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here