"One of the greatest privileges in our society is to have the letters MD after your name. Those two letters confer great power. And with that power comes great responsibility, to quote Voltaire – or Spider-Man, depending on your literary predilections." André Picard offers a A challenge for new doctors
Why Canadian researchers need to be more vocal in the media
Mélanie Meloche-Holubowsk, Damien Contandriopoulos and Marc-André Gagnon
Off the Cuff
Communicating Canadian health policy in a changing media landscape
Alberta not returning to decentralized healthcare after all
Time to hang up the stethoscope? Aging doctors prompt call for competency tests at AMA meeting
Canada's top doctor failed to recognize signs of his own stroke
Tell HIROC how you are #DrivingChange
Attention Recruiters! Book your postings for Jobs.Longwoods.com NOW and Save 50% per posting!
Last Week in Healthcare History
May 31, 1877: Medical degrees earned in Canada now accepted in Britain.
May 31, 1970: Employees in Quebec private hospitals strike.
May 31, 2006: Smoking in unventilated workplace illegal in Ontario and Quebec.
June 3, 1934: Dr. Frederick Banting, knighted by King George V.
June 4, 1897: Mater Miseracordia Hospital in Rossland, BC opens.
Watch Breakfast with the Chiefs' videos
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
Response to a Serious Flood: The St Joseph’s Healthcare Experience
Getting from Fat to Fit: The Role of Policy in the Obesity Disaster
Comparing Approaches to Integrating Refugee and Asylum-Seeking Healthcare Professionals in Canada and the UK
The Imperative for New Approaches for Managing and Leading in Healthcare for the 21st Century
World Health and Population
The Role of Developing Countries in Generating Cochrane Meta-analyses in the Field of Pediatrics (Neonatology and Neuropediatrics): A Systematic Analysis
- Dr. Christie Newton to Director, Interprofessional Education, Faculty of Medicine, UBC, Vancouver, BC
- Janet Jule to Chief Investment Officer, Saskatchewan Healthcare Employees Pension Fund, Regina, SK
- Liz Mullan to Chair of the Board of Directors, Belmont House, Toronto, ON
- Kevin Magee to the Board of Directors at the Brant Community Healthcare System, Brantford, ON
- David Mackey to Director, Community Support, HealthForceOntario, Toronto, ON
- Leslie McGill to Associate Vice President, Toronto General and Western Hospital Foundation, Toronto, ON
- Irving Gold to Executive Director, Resident Doctors of Canada, Ottawa, ON
- Kaiyan Fu to Provincial Chief Nursing Officer, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Toronto, ON
Attention Recruiters! Book your postings for Jobs.Longwoods.com NOW and save 50% per posting!
Buy the postings now and they will stay in your account until you are ready to post a job. You can post the prepaid ads at any time. Click here for more information
- Director, Professional Practice - Grand River Hospital, Kitchener, ON
- Director of Primary Care - Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre, Kitchener, ON
- Director of Pharmacy - Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare, Huntsville, ON
- Chief Information Officer - The Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), Toronto, ON
- Vice President, Clinical Care - Champlain CCAC, Ottawa, ON
- Director of Planning, Integration, Evaluation and Community Engagement - NSM LHIN, Orillia, ON
- Vice-President, Corporate Services - Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority, Selkirk, MB
- Vice-President, Acute Care Services & Chief Nursing Officer - Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority, Selkirk, MB
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here