“We have waited too long for the government and health authorities to take action, and our nurses have broken jaws to prove it,” B.C. nurses are fed up with abuse and will push to charge patients
Off the Cuff
Ways & Means | Health Links: Breaking through the Silos | a conference précis. by Jessica Pavan, Esther Pollack and Will Falk
Ontario Health Links Infographic
A renewed Canadian Patient Safety Institute has set four goals:
Last Week in Healthcare History
- provide leadership on the establishment of a National Integrated Patient Safety Strategy.
- inspire and sustain patient safety knowledge within the system, and through innovation, enable transformational change.
- build and influence patient safety capability (knowledge and skills) at organizational and system levels.
- engage all audiences across the health system in the national patient safety agenda.
February 24, 1986: Tommy Douglas dies.
Breakfast with the Chiefs - Register here - (REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 1PM TODAY) Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Stronger Together - Cancer Care Ontario’s focus on QUALITY, PERFORMANCE AND PARTNERSHIP puts patients and the public at the centre
Speakers: Michael Sherar, Dr. Catherine Zahn and Adalsteinn D. Brown, moderated by Rob Devitt
Sponsored by: HIROC and Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement
National Telemedicine Conference – April 27-28, 2015. Evolving the Future of Healthcare Delivery in Canada. Clinician-led case studies from across the country will provide hands-on, practical advice on how to plan, implement and manage Telemedicine programs.
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
World Health and Population
March 9-10, 2015: Toronto, ON. The Change Foundation Capstone Summit
March 9-11, 2015: Toronto, ON. The Baycrest Rotman Research Institute Conference – 25 Years of Brain and Aging
March 23-24, 2015: Toronto, ON. Canadian Hip Fracture Management Conference
March 26-27, 2015: Vancouver, BC. Canadian Obstetrical Malpractice Conference
March 27, 2015: Victoria, BC. Transforming Healthcare, Improving Care: Technology Showcase
April 19-21, 2015: Richmond Hill, ON. 2015 HPCO Annual Conference
April 24-25, 2015: Vancouver, BC. Thriving in Complexity: Physicians Enabling Transformational Change
April 27-28, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual National Telemedicine Conference
April 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual Activity Based Funding Conference
April 30, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual National Patient Relations Conference
May 7, 2015: Toronto, ON. MaRS HealthKick 2015
May 13-14, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2nd Annual e-Medication Management Conference
May 19-22, 2015: Toronto, ON. Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
May 26-27, 2015: Dartmouth, NS. The Atlantic Learning Exchange 2015
May 26-29, 2015: Ottawa, ON and Online. The Canadian Patient Safety Officer Course
May 27-29, 2015: Toronto, ON. OACCAC Achieving Excellence Together 2015 Conference
May 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. Global Telehealth 2015
June 15-16, 2015: Charlottetown, PE. National Health Leadership Conference
June 15-19, 2015: Toronto, ON. Equipping community health system leaders for the future
More | Send us your transitions.
- Dermot Kelleher to Dean, Faculty of Medicine, UBC, Vancouver, BC
- Andrée Robichaud to President and CEO, Rouge Valley Health System, Toronto, ON
- Dr. Jeffery Gofton to Chief Medical Examiner, Province of Alberta, Albert Government, Edmonton, AB
- Lois MacInnis to Patient Care Manager, The Scarborough Hospital, Toronto, ON
- Mark Vimr to Interim VP, Acute and Post Acute Care Services, Rouge Valley Health System, Toronto, ON
- Steven Smith to Vice President of Business Development, B-TEMIA, Québec, QC
Follow us on Twitter and be notified of new jobs as soon as they are posted
- Executive Director Clinical Quality and Safety, Infection Prevention & Control & Community Engagement - Vancouver Coastal Health, Vancouver, BC
- Registered Nurse, Home Manager - Thompson Community Services Inc, Prince George, BC
- Manager, Client Services - South West CCAC, Owen Sound, ON
- Chief Executive Officer -Addiction and Mental Health Services - Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington, ON
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here