“It is clearly not euthanasia on demand. It is clearly not that.” Quebec doctors to get standard euthanasia kits as province prepares to legalize ‘medical aid in dying’
Healthy Seniors. What Should Governments Do? We have a growing population of elderly Moms and Dads getting acute care repeatedly for their chronic conditions, many of them languishing in hospital beds, all for lack of the supportive services they need to remain healthy, happy, and safe in their own homes and communities. Read more from Dr. Duncan G. Sinclair
Off the Cuff
Canadian Medical Association urges healthcare strategy for seniors
Aging in Ontario: Using Population-Based Data in the Evaluation of Trends in Health System Use
How is the Aging Population Causing a Transformation in Healthcare?
An Evidence-Based Policy Prescription for an Aging Population
Demand for home healthcare is changing and rising sharply: 25% of Canadians provide informal care to a love one at home
National Post View: On physician-assisted suicide, respect the conscience rights of all
Canadians have an opportunity to be heard on the issue of physician-assisted dying
Read HealthcarePapers Vol. 14 No. 1: Physician-Assisted Death
77% of Canadians support assisted suicide, poll shows
Less than a third of doctors willing to aid in assisted dying: CMA poll
Canadian Medical Association still polarized by doctor-assisted deaths
Wait times continue to drag healthcare outcomes down - Are Canadian wait times for hip replacement justified or could they be shortened? by Robert Brown
Wait Time Management Strategies for Scheduled Care: What Makes Them Succeed?
Nursing shortage cost B.C.’s two largest health authorities $70 million in overtime pay last year
Healthy Cities: Edmonton, AB
Orange, Month, Silver, Bulb, Angel
– 5 words without a rhyme. Today, September 1st
, is No Rhyme (Nor Reason) Day.
September is Addiction Recovery Awareness Month
One man’s poop...
hangs a plastic collection bucket down inside the toilet bowl and does his business. When he's finished, he puts a lid on the container, bags it up and walks his stool a few doors down the hall to OpenBiome, a small laboratory northwest of Boston that has developed a way to turn poop from extremely healthy people into medicine for really sick patients.
Breakfast with the Chiefs, Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - Toronto, ON
Dr. Edward M. Brown, William F. Falk and Jennifer Zelmer
Topic: Virtually There? Digital Health and the Transformation of Care
Sponsored by: IBM, Medtronic, Cerner, CFHI
Save the Date - November 19, 2015
Omar Ishrak at Breakfast with the Chiefs
Transitioning to value based healthcare in top tier healthcare systems (Video)
TELUS Health Talks with Dr. Mark Britnell, Chairman and Partner of the Global Health Practice at KPMG.
Sign up for our New Events Alerts to be notified of when registration opens.
Watch Breakfast with the Chiefs' videos here
Would you like to sign up your institution to become a Public Institution HealthcareBoard member and have unlimited number of your staff and board members attend a season of Breakfast with the Chiefs and receive discounts to HealthcareRounds? Contact Matthew Hart - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Editors Recommend
- September 17-18, 2015: Vancouver, BC. Institute for Health Technology Transformation Vancouver Health IT Summit (for 15% discount use the code ‘Longwoods’)
- September 22-24, 2015: Edmonton, AB. Networks as Interventions: Policy Tool or Panacea?
- September 28-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. 2015 Health Technology Assessment for Decision Makers
- September 29-30, 2015: Toronto, ON. PSEP – Canada Become a Patient Safety Trainer Conference
- October 19-21, 2015: Halifax, NS. Big Data for Productivity Congress
- October 26-30, 2015: Across Canada. Canadian Patient Safety Week
- October 28-29, 2015: Toronto, ON. AFHTO 2015 Conference: Team-Based Primary Care: The Foundation of a Sustainable Health System
- February 22-26, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 1
- April 18-22, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 2
- June 13-17, 2016: Toronto, ON. Advanced Health Leadership Program 3
- David Carpenter to Official Administrator of Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton, AB
- Angela Colantonio to Director, Rehabilitation Sciences Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Oliver Sacks, renowned neurologist and author has died. He was 82, New York City, NY
- Matthew Morton, a well-loved doctor at Mount Sinai Hospital, has died. He was 39. Toronto, ON
More | Send us your transitions
- Department Head, Medical Imaging - Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region (RQHR), Regina, SK
- Nurse Practitioner - Niagara Health System, St. Catharines, ON
- Director, Corporate Communications - Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket, ON
- Director, Research - The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), Mississauga, ON
- Manager, Patient Relations - Rouge Valley Health System, Scarborough, ON
- Lots of Nurse positions in Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Ontario
- Plus many more Executive, Management and Nurse positions here