June Events - Book your place now!
In the month of June the GM Healthcare Academy have organised the following events for our Greater Manchester community pharmacy contractors and their teams. Make the most of these opportunities.
Eye Health – Thursday 20th June
Greater Manchester Healthcare Academy is hosting a session at Hough End, Manchester, for improving your knowledge around eye health and how you can optimise this area within your pharmacy.
We will be covering an update on glaucoma and dry eye disease including recommendation of drops over the counter. This event is open to the whole pharmacy team and will be a great way to upskill yourselves. There will also be information on referral pathways for certain eye conditions that can be used within the pharmacy.
Click here to book.
Your Team - a valuable resource! & Breast Cancer awareness – Wednesday 26th June, The Royal Toby Hotel, Rochdale
This is a double training session.
One part is for the pharmacist / pharmacy manager and one part is for pharmacy team members.
The session “Your team – A Valuable Resource!” for the pharmacist
Pharmacy is changing over the next few years with potentially a new contract, and new ways of working with Primary Care Networks. GMHCA is delivering this session to help you coach and develop your pharmacy team to maximise their potential and enable your pharmacy to excel in the new climate!
The session will cover
- Key skills in basic coaching
- Supporting and developing your team to increase employee satisfaction and retention
- How good staff retention can drive patient loyalty
- How to improve workflow
- Utilising your team within certain activities
- Models to help you develop your ultimate ‘dream team’
- Role play opportunities to practice the skills learnt
Recognising the value of your staff and maximising their potential is also good for business and can improve your bottom line!
The Session for wider pharmacy team members - Breast Cancer Campaign Support
There is also a separate session running along side the above for pharmacy team members around breast cancer awareness and looking at how you can support the campaign.
The training will:
- Outline how patient can access screening
- Provide information on self-check assessments to identify
- Identify signs and symptoms of Breast Cancer
- Identify risk factors for developing Breast Cancer
You will also be given hints, tips and ideas on how to engage and promote the Breast Cancer campaign, raise awareness of disease and prevalence rate of Breast Cancer in Greater Manchester, and the importance of self-checking, recognising changes and consulting the GP if worried.
Click here to book places for the whole pharmacy team.
Flu Vaccination Training – 12th and 30th June
£95 + VAT including PGD
CPGM Healthcare Ltd (CHL) have arranged a fantastic and competitively priced training package with ECG and PharmDoctor to enable pharmacists in Greater Manchester to provide the NHS national flu service and a private flu service.
There are 2 sessions available:
- Sunday 30th June 2019, 08:30 - 13:00, Stanley House Function Rooms, Audenshaw, Manchester. Book online
- Sunday 30th June 2019, 13:30- 18:00, Stanley House Function Rooms, Audenshaw, Manchester. Book online
For more details click here.