Meeting the Challenges of Today’s Children’s Ministry
For those of us who work in church ministry, these past few months have been filled with many unique challenges we never expected to encounter. How do we help children grow in faith in an online environment? What do we plan for summer when we don’t know what size groups of children can be together? What precautions will we need to take when we are able to have face-to-face ministry again?
There are many things to think about right now in children’s ministry, and this newsletter is full of resources, conversations, and ideas about the various challenges we are facing:
- For some of you, this might be the right time to rethink your basic ministry goals.
- For others, you might want some guidance for reopening your face-to-face ministries.
- Maybe your church is thinking about summer ministries or equipping families to support their children’s faith formation.
- You might even be evaluating your approach to online ministry opportunities.
- You may be looking for resources on how to talk with children about race and justice.
Whatever your situation, we hope this newsletter equips you in the ministry you lead with children.
The most important thing I can say to all of you is that Faith Formation Ministries is here for you. There are an abundance of resources available at our website. Or if you are a CRC church and need someone to talk to or help you brainstorm some ministry challenges, feel free to reach out to me by email at email@example.com or to one of our regional catalyzers. We are happy to come alongside you in your ministry endeavors!