|April 15, 2014
ATDC in the News
ATDC Community News
- The GVU Center and Digital Media Graduate program at Georgia Tech are holding their Spring Research Showcase on Wednesday, April 16th, 2-5 PM. Experience a hands-on vision of the ideas and applications that you may be carrying in your pocket or using in the workspace in the near future.
- Special Offer to the ATDC Community: Free pass to the Mobile World Congress Recap and Visions presentation on April 17th at the Wireless Technology Forum. Click here to register and be sure to use the free code "ATDCStartup14". Topics will include mobile trends such as “connected everything” initiatives, mIdentity, RCS and the Mobile 2020 Vision.
- Attention startup CEO's: Join Silicon Valley Bank's (SVB) Entrepreneur Bar Stool Series on Thursday, April 17th from 6-8 PM to discuss current trends in Atlanta with VCs and Angels. The event will take place at Atlanta Tech Village and attire is business casual (t-shirt and jeans are encouraged!). To RSVP, confirm your attendance with Cindy Bartlett at email@example.com or 404.264.8350. Panelists will include:
- Jamie Hamilton, Buckhead Investment Partners
- Ashish Mistry, BLH Venture Partners
- Bernie Dixon, Atlanta Technology Angels
- Mike Becker, Vocap Investment Partners
- Metro Atlanta Chamber and the Atlanta Business Chronicle have just launched their 2014 Business Person of the Year Awards, a great opportunity to get exposure in the business community. Entrepreneurs will be recognized in three different experience buckets:
Experienced Entrepreneur: 7+ years;
Emerging Entrepreneur: 3-7 years;
Early Stage Entrepreneur: 1-3 years.
Find out more here, and apply by April 16th!
- Georgia Tech's Ideas to Serve Competition Finals will be Thursday, April 17th at 6 PM. Click here to preview the Finalists and view the full program. These Georgia Tech student projects touch on issues such as job creation, healthcare, clean energy, food scarcity, sanitation, and more.
- Atlanta Startup Weekend is back for 54 hours of organized chaos on May 2- May 4, 2014. Come. Pitch. Code. Demo. Make it Happen! Atlanta's only hackathon where for profit ideas come to life! Click here to register and for Developers and Designers only, use the two discount codes below for $50 off. People must register as the role they intend to be during the weekend.
For developers: ATLDEV
For designers: ATLUX
- FastPitch™: Venture Capital Forum, is a VC invitation-only event where emerging tech companies have the opportunity to present to an exclusive group of venture capitalists. 6-8 companies from the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast U.S will be selected. Click here for more information or click here to apply by May 9th.