|April 29, 2014
ATDC in the News
- ATDC graduate BrightWhistle raises a new round of funding and adds industry veteran Scott McFarland as the new COO.
- Congratulations to the entire StarMobile team for being recognized as winners of the 5th Annual Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) / Southeastern Software Association (SSA) Impact Award, in the category for Emerging MegaTrend. Other ATDC Select nominees for SSA Awards include ClearLeap, Azalea Health and BrightWhistle.
- Azalea Health recently hosted its first hackathon at Valdosta State University. “We were very pleased with the turnout of Azalea Health’s first ever Hackathon in Valdosta, Georgia. We met a lot of bright students with some extraordinary talent. We definitely will plan to make this an annual event in the future,” says Baha Zeidan, CEO of Azalea Health.
- David King, President, COO and Founder of VoApps was featured on Business RadioX. King came on the show to introduce and explain a new voicemail app that is increasing efficiency for campaigns, telemarketing companies, and others.
- Industry members have definitely taken notice of Verdeeco's recent acquisition by Sensus. “These are exciting times in the industry; utilities are embracing new technologies and processes that enable them to move from simply managing data to applying data analytics to business functions and operations in a more predictive mode.
- Springbot offers 5 tips to utilize trackable links to increase revenue! Only the headlines are included below, so click here to see all of Springbot's insights.
- Use eCommerce focused tools
- Implement tagging functions
- Identify the ROI across campaigns
- Leverage detailed insights
- Get a comprehensive marketing
ATDC Community News
- Inspiring high school students to consider a career in (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) STEM fields is a challenge. One of the best ways is to have an impact is to expose students early to real companies doing interesting things. TAG is looking for startup host companies to hire a high school student for 5 weeks this summer. The time commitment is flexible up to 20 hours per week. Each student receives a $1000 stipend from the hiring company. TAG has scholarship funds available to allow startups to hire & pay students if the cost is a barrier to your participation. If you are interested, check out the website here or contact Sherri@tagonline.org
- Atlanta Startup Weekend is back for 54 hours of organized chaos on May 2- May 4, 2014. Come. Pitch. Code. Demo. Make it Happen! Atlanta's only hackathon where for profit ideas come to life! Click here to register and for Developers and Designers only, use the two discount codes below for $50 off. People must register as the role they intend to be during the weekend.
- For developers: ATLDEV
- For designers: ATLUX
- FastPitch™: Venture Capital Forum, is a VC invitation-only event where emerging tech companies have the opportunity to present to an exclusive group of venture capitalists. 6-8 companies from the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast U.S will be selected. Click here for more information or click here to apply by May 9th.