|March 26, 2014
ATDC in the News
- ATDC Startup Showcase is tomorrow! Have you registered? Purchase your ticket to discover transformative technologies, connect with Fortune 500 companies, and encounter Atlanta's most compelling entrepreneurs. Don't miss out on the startup event of the year!
Pre-registration closes at 1 pm today. You can register at the door between 12:30 - 3:30 pm.
- 5 of TAG's Top 10 Innovative Companies in Georgia are ATDC Companies! Patientco, Rigor, Sensiotec, SoftWear Automation, & Springbot will present their innovations on-stage during the 2014 Georgia Technology Summit (GTS) today at the Cobb Galleria Center.
- Azalea Health and MessageGears were also recognized in TAG's Top 40 Innovative Companies in Georgia. These awards recognize Georgia-based technology companies for their innovation, financial impact, and their efforts at spreading awareness of the state’s technology initiatives throughout the U.S. and globally. MessageGears graduates ATDC tomorrow!
- ATDC Graduate Urjanet will be speaking on "The Next Big Thing in Energy Data" as part of the 2014 Wall Street Journal's ECO:nomics conference. Urjanet CEO Sanjoy Malik will discuss how Big Energy Data is fundamental to making decisions related to energy cost and carbon emission reduction.
- ATDC Graduate Velocity Medical Solutions will be acquired by Palo Alto, Calif.-based Varian Medical Systems, Inc. Velocity develops specialized software for cancer clinics; financial details of the deal, expected to close in the third fiscal quarter, were not disclosed.
ATDC Community News
- Metro Atlanta Chamber E3 Awards will take place on April 4, 2014 at the InterContinental Hotel in Buckhead. This event highlights the companies, organizations and individuals working to conserve metro Atlanta’s natural resources, including clean technologies. Register here.
- Metro Atlanta Chamber and the Atlanta Business Chronicle have just launched their 2014 Business Person of the Year Awards, a great opportunity to get exposure in the business community. Entrepreneurs will be recognized in three different experience buckets:
Experienced Entrepreneur: 7+ years;
Emerging Entrepreneur: 3-7 years;
Early Stage Entrepreneur: 1-3 years.
Find out more here, and apply by April 16th!
- Great Wide Open, an open source technology conference, will be in Atlanta April 2-3. Use code "gatech" for a 50% discount. Here's why you should attend.
- Need a unique part built for a technical project? GTRI Machine Services can help.
- FastPitch™: Venture Capital Forum, is a VC invitation-only event where emerging tech companies have the opportunity to present to an exclusive group of venture capitalists. 6-8 companies from the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast U.S will be selected. Click here for more information or click here to apply now.