With change comes the need for appropriate planning and most folks donâ€™t want to hear it called â€œstrategic planningâ€. Letâ€™s simplify and call it â€œplanning for the futureâ€ because thatâ€™s what youâ€™re doing.
As you work through the details of making a transition into a new membership structure, figuring out how to effectively plan is of paramount importance. Youâ€™ll need to consider:
SECA has developed some resources that may be helpful and identified other resources from outside groups that can be accessed to assist you in your planning efforts. As always, the SECA office is available to assist you with information as you undertake the next step in the journey.
- What youâ€™ll need to support a planning process (personnel, finances, TIME)
- What outcome youâ€™re trying to achieve
- What current strengths can be identified
- What current weaknesses can be identified
- Where you want to go and what you want your organization to be in the future
RESOURCES FROM SECA
If you havenâ€™t already done so, sign up to receive notices as we publish the latest issue of The Leadership Letter. Youâ€™ll find a wealth of resources available to assist you in your job as a local leader of your affiliate or chapter.