With change comes the need for appropriate planning and most folks don’t want to hear it called “strategic planning”. Let’s simplify and call it “planning for the future” because that’s what you’re doing.
As you work through the details of making a transition into a new membership structure, figuring out how to effectively plan is of paramount importance. You’ll need to consider:
SECA has developed some resources that may be helpful and identified other resources from outside groups that can be accessed to assist you in your planning efforts. As always, the SECA office is available to assist you with information as you undertake the next step in the journey.
- What you’ll need to support a planning process (personnel, finances, TIME)
- What outcome you’re trying to achieve
- What current strengths can be identified
- What current weaknesses can be identified
- Where you want to go and what you want your organization to be in the future
RESOURCES FROM SECA
If you haven’t already done so, sign up to receive notices as we publish the latest issue of The Leadership Letter. You’ll find a wealth of resources available to assist you in your job as a local leader of your affiliate or chapter.