YES! I'M COMING TO THE REUNION
Sign Up TODAY
Saturday September 3, 2011 Reunion Events at the LDS church in New Harmony
8-10 am Registration
9 Musicians Rehearsal
10-noon Main session
12:00 Group photo
1:30-3:00 Break out sessions
3:00 Self-guided tour of New Harmony family sites
Musical Rehearsal Scheduled
For Redd Hot Corral or Redd Hot Harmony Band
Come and sing with the Redd Hot “Corral” under the direction of Jessica Roderer (Wellsville, Utah), a doctorate student in music at USC (descendant of Lemuel Haridson Redd Jr.). The music is posted on the Redd facebook page with more info to come. Rehearsal will be Saturday morning at 9:00 AM at the LDS ward house in New Harmony. The “Corral” will perform an opening number, “Faith in Every Footstep” and a piece that was sung by L. H. Redd, his children and grandchildren"Sweet Bird”. It will be accompanied by L. H. Redd himself on the organ. For the family instrumentalists you can participate in Redd Hot Harmony, an ensemble consisting of Redds from 2 to 92 on various instruments, some previously unknown to mankind! It will be conducted by Hans Redd, M.D. (Sugar City, Idaho, descendant of Wayne Hardison Redd). Bring your instruments (no instrument is too humble or too small...harmonica anyone?
No Fast Food or Restaurants in New Harmony Be sure to bring your OWN picnic or
or SIGN UP pay for us to take care of your picnic Lunch
Do you have a family quilt you'd like to share or an Historic "Redd Family" Quilt? If your quilt is strong enough to be hung, please sew or pin a 4-inch "Sleeve" along the top of the back. We'll have tables on which to lay the more fragile quilts.
1. Contact Judy Lyon <email@example.com> to reserve space for planning purposes. (Of course we won't turn anyone away.) You can also call Judy at 913-727-3393 but we'd rather have the paper trail through e-mail - forgetfulness, you know.
2. Label your quilt. There must be a label of fabric or paper on your quilt. It can be safety-pinned on or gently sewn on. We wouldn't want any of these precious quilts to be misplaced. On Label Include;
Name of Quilt (If it doesn't have an official name you could use the name of any "Blocks" of which it is composed. eg. Mariah's Irish Chain, etc.)
Maker of Quilt and approximate date it was made
Maker's relation to Lemuel Hardison Redd
Owner's name , address and phone number (cell phone # too if you will be at the reunion with your quilt)
3. If your quilt is strong enough to be hung, please sew or safety-pin a 4-inch "Sleeve" along the top of the back.
4. Bring 2 copies of a separate page with;
a) all the label information PLUS
b) description of the quilt,
or even better, a photo of the quilt. This will be essential for identifying and claiming the quilt at the end of the day. We don't want any quilts going to the wrong home! One of these pages will be on display with the quilt so everyone can see the information about the maker of the quilt the other will be filed for pick-up time.
5. Drop off your quilt at the marked classroom EARLY on the Reunion day.
6. If time allows we will take a picture of you with your quilt for documentation.
7. When you claim your quilt you will need picture ID. Sorry, but we hope you'll appreciate our being careful.
8. If you cannot attend the Reunion, but would like to display your quilt, you can receive shipping information from Judy Lyon when you register.