Why not both!
Several branches of the Redd Family tree are planning mini-reunions to coincide with the John Hardison and Elizabeth Hancock Redd Reunion on July 25, 2015 at This is the Place Heritage Park in Salt Lake City. Should yours?
The main reunion offers a chance for a large group of Redds to reconnect while enjoying enriching activities: a keynote address by our Olympian cousin, gymnast Peter Vidmar; family history seminars; ancestor vignettes; music and more (full schedule below). Holding the gathering at This is the Place Heritage Park offers the chance for families to enjoy attractions there as well. However, some families are also carving out time for meeting with their closest cousins. Hereâ€™s a sampling:
- Jan Snyderâ€™s family is planning a family reunion on July 24. It may include a trip to Salt Lake Cityâ€™s Pioneer Memorial Museum, where they can see John Hardison Reddâ€™s glasses.
- Descendants of L. Frank and Nettie Rose Redd are meeting on July 24 at a park in Salt Lake City for food, fun, family history and cousin time.
- Descendants of Pauline Redd Burt will convene as the main Redd reunion is winding down on July 25. They will occupy the Pack Building at This is the Place Heritage Park from 3 to 6 p.m. on July 25, leaving some available time in the evening for another family to use the building. Itâ€™s been reserved until 9 p.m., so contact Karen Redd (801.856.3142) if your family is interested.
Itâ€™s not too late to wave your branch of the Redd family tree. Isnâ€™t it time you re-connected with your cousins?
Donâ€™t miss out - this reunion is held only once every five years. Book your spot now at www.reddfamily.org
The Garden Place at This is the Place Heritage Park
2601 East Sunnyside Avenue, SLC, UT
Reduced rate of $8 adult, $5 child when you sign up before June 30th. Afterwards it will be regular park admittance prices of $11 adult, $8 seniors or children
10:00 AM General session*
- Guest Speaker - Gold Medal Olympian Peter Vidmar
- Entertainment - The Redd Chorale & Orchestra
11:30 AM group photo
Lunch Bring your own picnic or purchase food at the convenient lunch trucks that will be available on-site.
1:30 PM Business meeting
Booths in Main Hall fan chart printing, artifacts, stories and books: The Utah Redds and Their Progenitors
*Special pre-reunion session DNA Discoveries 8:30 AM
Afternoon activities in This is the Place Heritage Park include train rides, pony rides, crafts, panning for gold, visits to pioneer buildings and more. Open until 6:00 PM
Sign Up Now! http://www.reddfamily.org/product/2015-redd-family-reunion-registration
Finally, please help pass the word along. Call your relatives, forward this email or print it out and mail to family members!
For more information contact
Karen Redd 801.856.3142 or Jan Garbett 801.598.4035