Stars in their Eyes
Tickets, priced £12.50, are now available for “Stars in their Eyes” on Saturday 10th September.
Join David Bowie, Elvis Presley, Mick Hucknell, Rod Stewart and many more on this star studded evening.
Add in a buffet and DJ for good measure, it’s sure to be a most enjoyable evening.
Tickets are available from Sharyn at the bar.
Congratulations to last weeks Medal winners (13th August) across all handicap divisions.
Division 1 Result
- 1st Craig Taylor 68 (Handicap 4)
- 2nd John Dennis 69 (4)
- 3rd Frank Davidson 69 (10)
Division 2 Result
- 1st Robert Curran 69 (11)
- 2nd Asim Mian 70 (17)
- 3rd P Jolly 71 (12)
Division 3 Result
- 1st David Mckechnie 72 (21)
- 2nd Darren McShane 75 (19)
- 3rd James Hart 75 (19)
Tuesday’s Medal (16th August) was won by Kevin Freeman with an excellent net 63.
I suggest a wee handicap cut might be heading your way. Well done Kevin!
Above right- The sun sets on the 5th after another fine days golf.
Pitchmarks on Greens
The greens still remain in superb condition, and they no doubt have enhanced the enjoyment for everyone who plays Crow Wood.
However, its still evident that a number of people still fail to repair their own pitchmarks on the greens, which then take far longer to heal than a properly repaired one would.
Can we remind everyone they have a responsibility to leave the course as you would like to find it by repairing pitch-marks, replacing divots and raking bunkers. This is part of the etiquette and respect of the game, and ensures everyone enjoys their time on the course as much as possible.
Dates for the Diary
- Sat. 20th August - Monthly Medal and entries open for R.Smith Memorial Trophy
- Sat. 27th August - Crow Wood Open
- Sat. 3rd September - Club Championship Matchplay (tee closed from 7:30-9:00)
- Sun 4th September - Club Championship Matchplay Finals (tee closed 7:30-8:15)
- Friday 9th September – Gio Invitational, Shotgun start 1pm
- Sunday 11th September - 36 Hole Garnkirk Open
- Sat. 17th September – Finals day
Cancer Research UK - Charity Fun Day
Please note that all the tickets are now sold for the Family fun day, charity event, on Saturday 27th August, on behalf of Cancer Research UK. Thanks you to everyone who supported this event, and we hope you have a great time.