Red Kuri and Spaghetti squash are ready! And we will have Acorn, Delicata and Butternut in the next couple of weeks. Also, we have straw bales for sale. Use them to mulch your garden, it will conserve water and give your plants a warm bed to survive the fall and winter temperatures. And in the spring you will have fewer early season weeds to deal with! Arrange to split a bale with your neighbours if you don't need a whole one.
Here's what's fresh this week:
We are happy to report that we are now running two "checkouts" on Saturday morning to help move through the line quicker and we have been able to keep a selection of most of our produce on the table past 11am.
Wednesday August 26th, 4pm-6pm
Saturday August 29th, 10am-12pm
Please note: we do our best to project what we can harvest, but we can't guarantee that everything will be available, or available at both Wed. and Sat. markets. As we have limited quantities of some items, arrive early for the best selection. Most items are limited to 2 per family/purchase.
- Salad Mix
- Kale bunches
- Beet bunches
- Green Onions
- Swiss Chard
- English cucumbers
- Potatoes (mixed bags: red, russian blue, german butter)
- Sweet Basil
- Garlic (Red Russian hardneck)
- Bulb Onions (fresh bulbs with greens)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Snap Beans (Dragon Tongue, Green Filet)
- Pole Beans (Purple, Scarlet Runner, long filet)
- Winter Squash (Red Kuri, Spaghetti) *new*
- Flower bouquets (Saturday only)
- Straw Bales (mulch your garden: less water, fewer weeds, warm plants in the fall/winter)
- Wed. Aug 26th, 4:30-6:00pm (Family friendly - Potluck too!)
- Sat. Aug 29th, 10am-12pm
Come out the last Wednesday of the month and help us wrestle with the newest plant invasion (aka weeds). Or join the compost social, with muscle-building and aromatherapy as added benefits! Bring a plate to share and join us for the potluck at out new celebration table afterward.