Thank you to everyone who attended last Saturday's Honeyfest and Community Market. It was one of our best attended community events ever, and showed the vast potential of continuing to build a community hub around Loutet Farm. Hope everyone is enjoying their honey and various treats from the market!
The sugar pie pumpkins are starting to be ready to eat. Time to start thinking about soups and stews and pies and muffins! (See below for some recipe ideas)
We are happy to report that we are now running two "checkouts" on Saturday morning to help move through the line quicker and we have been able to keep a selection of most of our produce on the table past 11am.
Here's what's fresh this week:
Wednesday September 9th, 4pm-6pm
Saturday September 12th, 10am-12pm
Please note: we do our best to project what we can harvest, but we can't guarantee that everything will be available, or available at both Wed. and Sat. markets. As we have limited quantities of some items, arrive early for the best selection. Most items are limited to 2 per family/purchase.
- Salad Mix
- Salad Turnip bunches *they're back!
- Kale bunches
- Beet bunches
- Carrot bunches *they're back!
- Green Onions
- Swiss Chard
- English cucumbers
- Sweet Basil
- Garlic (Red Russian hardneck)
- Bulb Onions (yellow, red, white)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Winter Squash (Red Kuri, Spaghetti, Delicata, Butternut, Acorn, Sugar Pie Pumpkin) *new*
- Flower bouquets (Saturday only)
- Loutet Honey (Sampler sizes) *new*
- Straw Bales (mulch your garden: less water, fewer weeds, warm plants in the fall/winter)
- Sat. Sept 26th, 10am-12pm
- Wed. Sept 30th, 4:30-6:00pm (Potluck too!)
Come out the last Wednesday of the month and help us wrestle with the newest plant invasion (aka weeds). Or join the compost social, with muscle-building and aromatherapy as added benefits! Bring a plate to share and join us for the potluck at out new celebration table afterward.