We have begun harvesting from Sutherland Schoolyard Market Garden! Last week we had some excellent radishes and arugula, this week we will have more of those plus our salad mix, all coming from Sutherland.
Here's what's fresh this week:
We will also be harvesting our first Rhubarb of the season, as well as the first bunches from our brand new spring planted kale (both in limited quantities).
Saturday May 9th, 10am-12pm
Please note: we do our best to project what we can harvest, but we can't guarantee that everything will be available, or available at both Wed. and Sat. markets. As we have limited quantities of some items, arrive early for the best selection!
- Salad Mix
- Salad turnips
- Green garlic (earliest garlic of the season, pulled before it flowers or bulbs - like a garlic flavored leek)
- Baby Kale (new spring plants)
- Rhubarb (first of the season)
- Tomatoes (Vine: Sungold, Italian Paste Roma)
- Saturday May 23rd, 10AM-NOON
- Wed. May 27th, 4:30-6:00pm
Come out the last Wednesday of the month and help us wrestle with the newest plant invasion (aka weeds). Or join the compost social, with muscle-building and aromatherapy as added benefits! Bring a plate to share and join us for the potluck at out new celebration table afterward.