Planning Commission Applications.
The City Council is accepting applications from Millcreek residents to volunteer to serve on the Planning Commission. The form can be downloaded here. Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 16, 2016. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com, or hand-delivered to 3400 So. Crestwood Drive (Millcreek's offices are closed on Fridays).
Inauguration of Millcreek Celebration
Please join us for a community celebration at the Inauguration of Millcreek on January 3, 2017 at Wasatch Jr. High School, 3750 South 3100 East. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Short program and swearing-in ceremony begin at 7:00 p.m., with refreshments and entertainment to follow.
Millcreek has established a website at http://millcreekut.org. News, Agendas, Minutes, Official Documents, and other items of interest will be posted at this website until further notice.
Monday, December 12, 2016
Pre-Incorporation City Council Agenda
Notice is Hereby Given that the Millcreek Pre-Incorporation City Council shall assemble for a meeting in the Conference Room of the Mt. Olympus Improvement District Offices located at 3932 South 500 East Millcreek, Utah.
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM – Photography Session For Council Photographs
4:00 PM – 6:30 PM - Work Meeting:
1. Discussion with Rick Graham and Salt Lake County Department heads to discuss potential interface between Millcreek and Salt Lake County for MSP provided services. Rick Graham, Rolen Yoshinaga.
2. Discussion with current Millcreek Township Planning Commissioners concerning, but not limited to, the following:
a. Ways to improve planning and Planning Commission operation in Millcreek;
b. Review of Planning Commission ordinance and appeal authority;
c. Discuss need for immediate ordinance changes in the first city ordinances, including provisions to render city ordinances compliant with the state code: MD Zone; conditional use comply with state code; rewritten RM Zone; rewritten C1-C2-C3 Zones – definitions and development standards; new Foothill and Canyons Overlay Zone Ordinance.
3. Discuss appointment of council representatives to districts and boards, including Unified Police Department/SLVLESA; Unified Fire Authority/UFSA; Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District (MSD); Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling (WFWR); Mosquito Abatement District or other boards.
4. Discuss adoption of local option sales tax and interlocal agreement with State Tax Commission.
5. Discuss position of City Treasurer/office administrator.
6. Discuss status of provision of City Recorder/Clerk/administration employee by Municipal Services District and/or Salt Lake County.
7. Discussion of liability insurance, worker’s comp insurance, city officer bonds.
8. Discussion of adoption of revised version of Salt Lake County ordinance relating to community councils.
9. Discussion of start-up funds from Salt Lake County.
10. Discussion of giving Mayor Silvestrini authority to provide notice to Board of the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District that Millcreek has commissioned a feasibility study concerning Millcreek’s withdrawal from the MSD
7:00 PM - General Meeting:
- Call to Order
- Approval of Minutes
Audience members may bring any item to the Mayor and Council’s attention. Comments are subject to the Public Comment and Policy set forth below. State Law prohibits the Council from acting on items that do not appear on the agenda.
- Public Comment
Report of the Mayor, reports of City Council members.
Discussion and consideration of Resolution No 16-___ appointing Mayor Silvestrini to represent Millcreek on the boards of UFA/UFSA; UPD/SLVLESA; and MSD board and appointment of council representative(s) to WFWR and mosquito district.
- Consent Agenda
6.1 Discussion and consideration of Ordinance No 16-__ an ordinance to consider the creation of a planning commission.
- Planning Matters
6.2 Discussion and consideration of Ordinance No 16-__ an ordinance creating an appeal authority.
6.3 Discussion and presentation by John Jansen about advisability of a moratorium
- Financial Matters
8.1 Discussion and consideration of Ordinance No 16-__ an ordinance to consider adopting a seal
- Other Matters
8.2 Discussion and consideration of Ordinance No 16-__ an ordinance adopting a name.
8.3 Discussion and consideration of Ordinance No 16-__ an ordinance to establish a regular meeting schedule.
8.4 Discussion and consideration of Ordinance No 16-__ an ordinance creating an arts council.
8.5 Discussion and consideration of Resolution No 16-__ a resolution appointing members of the arts council.
8.6 Discussion and consideration of Resolution 16-__ a resolution to appoint Cheri Jackson to serve as Millcreek Emergency Preparedness Coordinator with authority to appoint citizen volunteers to coordinate VOAD, CERT and other preparedness positions.
8.7 Discussion and consideration of Resolution No. 16-___ to approve acceptance of an interlocal agreement with Salt Lake County for an initial payment toward start-up funds.
- New Items for Subsequent Consideration
- Calendar of Upcoming Events
City Council-elect work sessions and General Meetings planned for December 19, December 20 or 21, December27, times TBA;
Inauguration of Millcreek-January 3, 2017, 6:30-8:30 Wasatch Jr. High School.
- Closed Session (If Needed)
- The Millcreek Council may temporarily recess the Council meeting to convene in a closed session to discuss the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual, pending or reasonable imminent litigation, and the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property, as provided by Utah Code Annotated §52-4-205
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Millcreek will make reasonable accommodation for participation in the meeting. Request assistance by contacting Leslie Van Frank, 801-541-8838, and provide at least 48 hours advance notice of the meeting.
Public Comment Policy and Procedure: The purpose of public comment is to allow citizens to address items on the agenda. Citizens requesting to address the commission will be asked to complete a written comment form and present it to the acting city recorder. In general, the chair will allow an individual two minutes to address the Council. A spokesperson, recognized as representing a group in attendance, may be allowed up to five minutes. At the conclusion of the citizen comment time, the chair may direct staff to assist the citizen on the issue presented; direct the citizen to the proper administrative department(s); or take no action. This policy also applies to all public hearings. Citizens may also submit written requests (outlining their issue) for an item to be considered at a future council meeting. The chair may place the item on the agenda under citizen comments; direct staff to assist the citizen; direct the citizen to the proper administrative departments; or take no action.
I, Leslie Van Frank, acting City Recorder, certify the foregoing agenda was emailed to at least one a media correspondent, was posted on the Utah State Public Notice website www.utah.gov/pmn/index.html and on Millcreek’s website at http://millcreekut.org, and was posted at the Mt. Olympus Improvement District Offices located at 3932 South 500 East Millcreek, Utah.
Posted and Dated this 9th day of December, 2016 , Leslie Van Frank, Acting City Recorder