Weight loss surgery is a wonderful tool that helps patients with clinical obesity lose weight and gain their lives back. Exercise is recommended for success in achieving and maintaining weight loss. Developing and maintaining a consistent exercise program can strengthen your heart and bones, burn calories, develop muscles, increase your metabolic rate, improve your mood and relieve stress. Jupiter Medical Center's Rehab and Wellness exercise specialists will work with you to develop an exercise plain to meet your needs.
Please join your Bariatric team at our next Support Group meeting
Wednesday, November 18th at 5:30pm to learn more about these terrific options.
See you there!
The holiday season is a wonderful yet extremely busy time. Especially as we make our way into November, we tend to find eating opportunities everywhere we go. Whether it be family gatherings, work functions, or munching on treat samplings while we do our holiday shopping. All in all, we're extremely busy, maybe even too busy to plan the healthy habits necessary to stay on track. Here at Dr. Vaughan's we want you to know that you are not alone, so we've put together some of our best guidelines to help!
We hope this these tips will not only motivate you to keep up the good work during the holiday season, but they'll allow you to feel reassured that you can still have a fun, meaningful time without having to sacrifice your weight management goals!
- Avoid the trap of thinking you can eat what you want because you can just start over in the New Year. It doesn’t get any easier just because it’s January! Trust us.
- Don’t gorge on any special holiday food because you only get to eat it once a year. Instead, make a mindful bite, savoring the taste of each special holiday treat.
- Keep up your exercise routine. This will also help reduce holiday stress.
- Also remember, unless you’re an elite athlete, you’re unlikely to able to “exercise off” weeks of overindulgence.
- Keep tabs on yourself. Write down what you eat, weigh yourself if you want to or try on your favorite clothes to make sure they still fit!
- Come see us and attend our monthly Support Group meetings. We hold these meetings for you and you only!
Your Weight Matters – For Your Health
In order to promote a healthier public and improve the quality of life for millions of Americans affected by excess weight or obesity, the Obesity Action Coalition has launched a national weight and health awareness campaign, titled the Your Weight Matters Campaign. The Campaign is issuing a Challenge to all Americans to measure their weight and talk to their healthcare provider about it.
Anyone interested in taking the Your Weight Matters Campaign Challenge can do so online at www.YourWeightMatters.org. Campaign participants are provided with a FREE resource toolkit to help them prepare for the conversation of weight with their healthcare provider. The Your Weight Matters Campaign Toolkit also includes resources on topics such as nutrition, exercise and weight-loss options. In addition, Campaign participants can opt-in to receive Your Weight Matters Weekly, a weekly e-newsletter providing nutrition and fitness tips along with news about the Campaign and much more!
The OAC is dedicated to giving a voice to those affected by excess weight and obesity. To find out more about the OAC, visit www.ObesityAction.org. If you have any questions about the Your Weight Matters Campaign, please contact the OAC at 800-717-3117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.