My deepest thanks to all who played a role in our blue victory: University of Florida Interns, Phone Bankers, Precinct Leaders, Poll Greeters, The Divine 9, and our families. Thank you, thank you!
Margaret Boonstra sums it up best:
“Multiple groups played key parts in our efforts, but few have proof of their labors as clearly as do the 200 Poll Greeters who staffed 600 shifts during Early Voting and on Election Day. The Biden/Harris ticket won 89,527 votes in Alachua County, 62% of all votes cast. The amendments we supported - at the bottom of the ballot - passed with 60 - 63% of the vote, too!!! Almost every Democratic voter in the county filled in the entire ballot!!! That's because of YOU!!! Whether your polling site was boringly quiet, raucously buoyant, hostile, or nice, you all played a role.”
Today is a particularly poignant day for me personally. The Democratic Party reorganizes every four years following the presidential election and thus begins the process for Alachua County. Today marks the final copy of the Chestnut Monday Report and/or the Chair’s Newsletter. My term as Chair of the Alachua County Democratic Party will come to an end on December 9, as I have chosen not to seek re-election.
We have had a very successful six years at the helm because of the support from many of you.
I would like to share a few of our accomplishments:
- Increased the number of Precinct Leaders
- Increased training for Precinct Leaders
- Improved the financial standing of the Alachua County Democratic Party
- Developed the University of Florida Democratic Party Internship Program
- Established the ACDEC Archives with the Smathers Library
- Established the Middle School Black History Essay Contest