New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program's
Inaugural Hunter Pace
September 21st, 2014
Hosted At: Scheffelridge Farm
826 Hawkins-Cummins Rd, Paris, KY
Start Times: Pre-registered riders on course: 8 AM. Post-entries will ride in available time slots; first-come, first-served.
Entry Fee: $40 per horse per rider. Additional rides will be $20 per rider.
Divisions: Jumping 6â€³, 2â€², 2â€™3â€³, 2â€™7â€³ Non-Jumping (ride at hunting pace) Pleasure/Family Poker Pace
Join us on Sunday, Sept. 21, for the First Annual New Vocations Hunter Pace. A hunter pace is designed to mimic the feeling of being on a hunt in open land, but without the hounds. The event is ridden over a course simulating hunting terrain and should be ridden at a â€œhunting pace,â€ i.e., the speed at which one would normally ride to the hounds. The course will be clearly marked and jumps will be flagged; course will include gates and water crossings.
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM DOWNLOAD RELEASE FORM
- Jumping, Non-Jumping and Family/Pleasure divisions are open to teams of 2, 3 & 4 riders.
- The team that finishes closest to the optimal time (without going over) will win; ribbons to third place will be awarded.
- Jumping teams can jump any height of fence they choose.
- Non-jumping teams ride at hunting pace, but may go around all fences.
- The Poker Pace will include 5 stops where teams will obtain a playing card. The team with the best â€œhandâ€ of poker at the finish will win a prize.
- Scramble teams are encouraged to pre-enter and will be assigned a team.
- Best-costumed award will be judged by the Hunter Pace Committee. Winners of this category will receive a prize.
- Thoroughbred Team awards will be given to the team whose mounts are majority Thoroughbreds that finish closest to the optimal time without going over.
Details: Entry forms must be submitted with fees, negative Coggins and waivers.
Attire: ASTM-approved safety helmets and shoes with a heel are required.